Chapter three

A few week has past since my little altercation with Mila. I still hate this teacher, I'm glad I only have her for English.

I become really good friends with a guy called Jake. He was a decent lad, much more like one of us girls then the boys.

'' You're a fucking gay boy Jake.'' I watched Ben approach Jake. I never really understood why as Jake kept himself to himself. He was never horrible to the lads.

''No I'm not.'' Jake insisted.

'' Yes you fucking are, batty boy.'' Ben ran at Jake just as fast as Usain bolt, choke slamming him to the floor like he's someone from UFC. He threw another punch which Jake managed to dodge this one. Everyone was gathered around cheering at laughing at Jakes expense. What was wrong with these people? I stepped in pushing Ben away, trying to stop him from hitting him anymore.

Then I saw the teachers suddenly run in. I watched Ethan shout at Ben to stop. Ben stormed off whilst Jake sniffled in pain.

'' What's happened here!?'' Mila asked.

I wanted to tell them considering Jake was my friend. But you know the saying, ' snitches get stitches' I kept quiet but began to comfort Jake.

*A few hours have past*

Ben was excluded, I'm not sure how long. Louise and a few others were sent home for smoking weed, which left just me, Jake and a few others at school. I preferred it this way.

''For the last hour you will be cooking with Mila.'' Linda said.

'' Oh fucking brilliant.'' I mumbled.

Why Mila? I cannot stand stand her. She only teachers us for English. Is this something they consider 'fun'

I watched Mila open the shutter of the kitchen in which she could see the games room. I was sitting on a stool next to the open shutter in the games room as I watched her prep the food in the kitchen. A few other students were in the kitchen with her.

'' Are you going to join in Riley?'' I watched as Mila approached me.

''Ahhhhhh shittttt.'' I had touched something in which a splinter had invaded my skin.

'' What's happened!!?'' I heard Mila ask in a gentle but concerned voice. Different to any other tone she's ever had with me. Why would she care anyway?

'' I think I have a splinter inside my finger.''

'' Here, let me see.'' I watched Mila pick up my hand. Her gentle skin meeting with mine.

'' yep, there's definitely a splinter.'' I watched her respond as she dropped my hand and quickly went back to helping the few students with the cooking.

I continued to fiddle around with my finger to remove this splinter from underneath my skin.

'' Jakeeeee, it really hurts. How do I get it out?''

'' Try some salt.'' Jake jokingly suggested.

I picked up the salt and started to drop sprinkles inside my open splinter wound. Which was in fact worse due to me bartering it with whatever I found.

Mila approached me again. '' Riley you're so silly'' she nudged me. ''That's not going to help.'' She giggled.

I continued to pick up more things. I even boiled some hot water. I don't know why I was acting this irrational. But Mila and myself seemed to hit it of rather well. Our sense of humour was amazing together.

'' You're not actually that bad after all Mila.''

'' I thought I was amazing.'' Mila replied but her tone of voice kept changing. It was different then usual, her body become lose. I got the thought that she was trying to flirt with me but I pushed it away, because I am straight and so is she.

''Don't push it Mila.'' I replied back in the same way she was. I realised my tone was changing, my body was becoming lose and I felt really comfortable for once.

We really did connect. I'm still baffled because an hour ago I hated this women. But now something had changed and I can't quite figure out what.

I arrived home. Ran upstairs and went straight to my room. I felt different, I felt happy for a change, but why did I feel this?

My mind was consumed by Mila. I couldn't stop thinking of the connection. But why? Why was my mind so consumed, I couldn't figure out why I suddenly felt no hatred towards her.

Did Mila flirt with me?