06 | kayaking.

Justin
"So now, please share yourselves in two groups. Two of you will go with one of us," Austin informed the camp residents in front of us, after we had explaining the security rules to them. Actually, we had no desire to follow these rules, which is why we would not follow them, but Grace had told us that we had to communicate them to the residents.
"Aurelia goes with Justin," I heard Taylor say, so now my eyes glided to her.
"Do I?" Aurelia asked as she looked at Taylor, slightly confused.
"Yes, I drive with Andrea and Maggie with Mari, so you go with Justin," Taylor grinned at her broadly. Aurelia looked at me, looking quite questioning. I nodded slightly grinning and then looked back at the other campers.
"When you have a partner, you're pulling on the lifejackets and then going to a kayak," I explained the next process, whereupon everyone ran and took lifejackets. I also ran off and took two lifejackets, for Aurelia and me. Actually, I wanted to ask Aurelia one way or another whether she wanted to drive with me but thanks to Taylor that I didn't needed it. It would have been extremely embarrassing if Aurelia did not want to drive with me.

"Did you ever go kayaking?" Aurelia asked as we climbed into our kayak and watched the others. Austin drove with another boy whose name I did not know, in front while I was driving with Aurelia in the back.
"Yes, my father and I were, when I was small, in the summer for a week at the lake, where we were fishing, kayaking and something like that," I replied, as we slowly began to drive behind the others.
"I wish I had done something like that with my parents," Aurelia murmured. I sat behind her, so I could not see her face expression but I knew that it was not happy.
"You were really never on vacation?" I asked her.
"No, wait. We were once in Vegas when I was four. They gave me to somebody and then made themselves a nice evening at a casino," Aurelia sighed. I had to say that I was really blessed with my parents. Even though they were sometimes a bit too strict and extremely often at work, they always tried to take some time for me.
"Where would you like to go?" I asked her, watching a bit of the camp residents, after all, I had to take care that nothing happened to them.
"Miami, Hawaii, Brazil, Europe, Canada and more. There are many places that interest me," Aurelia said as she turned to me.
"Europe is beautiful," I said with a smile on my face, "and Canada, I can only recommend. It's beautiful there." Aurelia turned slightly to me, taking care that we did not tip over.
"How many times have you been there?" She asked, smiling slightly.
"Often, I was born there," I gave a slight grin from myself.
"Really?" She asked in astonishment, "I would not have thought that."
"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked her, laughing.
"No idea," Aurelia mumbled, shrugging her shoulders, "I just would not have thought that." She turned back and stared at the water.
"Aurelia?" I asked her softly.
"Hm?" She did.
"Do you trust me?"
"Yes, why?" Aurelia asked, looking at me over her shoulder.
"You will see," I smiled to myself.
"Okay?" Aurelia murmured confused, then turned back to the front.

We have been driving for quite while now, so we decided to take a break. When we were all on the shore, Austin and I went to Aurelia and her friends and sat down next to them.
"Hey," it came from Taylor, while she glared at us.
"Hello," it came from Austin, "how do you find the day so far?"
"Relaxed," Mari replied, whereupon he nodded. Shortly afterwards Griff and Parker also showed up next to us.
"Hey," Aurelia said as she looked at them smiling.
"Hey," the two grinned in chorus and then sat down with us.
"Is there anything going on tonight?" Parker asked, looking at Austin.
"Yes, a night walk. We'll do one every week," Austin answered, looking at Parker.
"Every week? Nice," Griff grinned.
"How can you find something like that nice?" Aurelia asked skeptically.
"Why not? It's pretty creepy," Griff grinned.
"Ah, yes," Aurelia murmured, then leaned against Taylor.
"Are you afraid of the dark?" Mari asked, as she looked at Aurelia, "because then I'm with you."
"A bit, but actually I hate everything creepy," Aurelia replied.
"I also, I do not understand people who like watching horror movies," Mari murmured, whereupon Aurelia nodded.
"Justin can protect you Lia," it came from Maggie. Aurelia twisted her eyes annoyed, got up and ran away from us.
"Lia it was just a joke," Maggie said louder, but Aurelia just ran on.
"I'll go to her," I said before I got up quickly and went to her. Just as she wanted to disappear behind a tree, I held her tightly and pressed her gently against it.
"Hey, what's the matter?" I asked her softly as I looked into her eyes.
"It's annoying," she murmured softly, "they always start with you. They act like we had something with each other."
"And what is so bad about it?" I asked her as I gently lifted her chin, so she had to look at me.
"Because we have nothing with each other, Justin," Aurelia said as she looked into my eyes. They were beautiful.
"Aurelia," I murmured softly, then gently leaned my forehead against hers, "let them talk okay? As long as we both know what's between us, everything is okay." I kissed her forehead gently, then looked at her again.
"Justin?" She asked softly.
"Yes?"
"What is that between us?" Aurelia asked softly and shyly.
"You're a beautiful girl Aurelia," I murmured softly, "you're not like the other girls I've met so far and believe me, I met a lot. I really like you."
"I like you too, Justin."