four

A month without talking to or texting Charlie was way too long for Joji. Heck, not being able to talk to Charlie for a class period was too long, he doesn't know how he's been able to wait this long.

For sure he was going to talk to her today, even if Rian was there staring him down. He thought he was so big and tough just because he was bigger than any of the seniors in their class. He may or may not have flunked a year or 2, not that Joji would bring it up.

The bell rang and everyone left the class to go to lunch. Joji wandered the halls looking for Charlie and hoping Rian wasn't with her. Luckily he found her in the library by herself.

He snuck behind her and put his hands on her eyes. She jumped​ and turned around quickly putting her hand to her chest. "Joji you scared the crap out of me!" She whisper yelled.

Joji chuckles and sits next to her. "Good you deserve it." He nudges her.

She sighs and hugs him "I know I'm terrible. I've just been busy and you know how Rian is." He pulls away and grabs her hands.

"Yeah I know, but I miss you Charlie. I'm your best friend you should make an effort to see me." Joji sighs and pouts. She pokes his cheeks until he smiles.

"I promise you we can hang out this Friday like old times, yeah?" Charlie squeezes his hands. As much as he wants to be mad at her he can't.

"Fine, but only if you bring some of your mom's cookies." Charlie chuckles and nods. "Oh, and​ you're not allowed to text or talk about Rian while we're hanging out." He added.

"Really Joji." She groans. He simply nods. "Fine you crybaby." Before either could say anything the bell rang.

"See you Friday loser." Joji says and gives Charlie a hug before leaving.

Charlie watches Joji leave with a small smile. She feels guilty for not talking to him, but if he knew about how protective Rian was he would understand why she hasn't talked to him lately. Well if he knew how Rian was he'd make her leave him. Joji just wouldn't understand.