mudding [noah gragson]

word count: 1588
requested by: @Boyband2001 
summary: Noah brings his girlfriend, Luna, on his mudding trip with Harrison to cheer her up
warnings: language
date published: August 24, 2017 / 2:47 am
authors note: so I got tired of having to say there were no gifs of Noah or the rest of the truck drivers so I made some!! you're welcome

-

The door to my room swung open, revealing Noah dressed all in black. "I'm gonna go out mudding with Harrison. I'll be back in a few hours, okay?" I shrugged, not making an sound. He stared at me for a few seconds before sitting down next to me on the bed. "What's wrong Luna?" I shrugged again. "I don't know." I mumbled, bringing my knees to my chest and burying my face in them. "Well I can't leave my baby home upset. Will you come with us so we can cheer you up?" I simply shrugged, but Noah must have taken that as a yes because he smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me up from the bed.

"What do I wear?" I mumbled. "All black, just like this sexy beast." He wiggled his eyebrows at me, causing me to roll my eyes. I pulled open my dresser and grabbed a random black shirt and my black Nike shorts. "Unless you're going for the mud stains look, of course. Then you would want to wear all white." He smiled at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and closed the drawer, making sure to grab a second pair of clothes to change into when we were done. "I'm making progress." He smiled to himself. I rolled my eyes, but let a small smile slip while I changed in the bathroom.

"Okay I'm ready." I said quietly as I exited the bathroom. He smiled and grabbed my hand. I reached down to grab my black sneakers off of the floor and allowed Noah to lead me to the door. I slipped my shoes on and grabbed a water bottle before tying my hair up and following Noah to the car. "So, what are we using?" I mumbled as he pulled out of the driveway. "We rented two four-wheelers so you can just hop on the back of mine." I nodded and changed the radio to a slower country station.

"Baby, that was my song!" He whined. "Fine," I huffed and switched it back. "But if you wanted that station than that's fine by me, because I'm happy with whatever makes you happy." I rolled my eyes but switched back to the previous station. "Thanks. Sorry I'm such a pain in the ass." I mumbled quietly. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him shake his head. "You're my pain in the ass, and it's my job to make my ass happy." He sent me a toothy grin.

"Where's that beautiful smile that I love to see?" He frowned. "It took a vacation." I grumbled. "What's wrong sweetheart?" He asked softly as he took one hand off the wheel and placed it lovingly on my thigh. "I don't know, I'm just not in a good mood. Maybe it has something to do with race this weekend, I don't know." He sighed and squeezed my thigh gently. "Well I need you to cheer up because I miss your beautiful smile!" A soft smile was displayed on my face causing Noah to send me one back.

"I'm excited to see Harrison!" Noah squealed in his seat like a girl, causing me to giggle. "I haven't seen him in like, one whole week!" He waved his hand dramatically and made a shocked face, causing me to laugh. "Stop being so melodramatic!" "How dare you say that? Harrison is like a son to me, and you know a father should never be separated from his son for so long." I nodded, as if I had any idea what he was talking about. "After we finish taking baths in mud we should you get checked out by a doctor."

He scoffed and removed his hand from my leg dramatically. "I don't show the haters any love." He pouted. "But I thought you were gonna flood me with affection to cheer me up?" I laughed. He glared at me quickly before putting his eyes back on the road. "How did you find out my secret plan?" He whispered loudly. I rolled my eyes and adjusted myself in the seat. "Oh please, anything you do is far from secret." "Hey! What's that suppose to mean?" He pouted. "That you can't keep secrets!" I whispered back. He scoffed but returned his hand to my thigh.

"Okay, I'll run in and get Harrison, you wait here." He said as we pulled into Harrison's driveway. "What if I want to go get Harry?" I joked. Noah groaned and hit his head against the steering wheel. "Then you can go get him! But I was trying to be a gentleman and go get him so you didn't have to get out of your seat." He huffed. "Well I appreciate it, but I-" All of a sudden the door swung open and Harrison climbed in. "Hey guys!" Noah and I gave each other a fake look of hatred before laughing.

"Did I miss something?" Harrison laughed awkwardly. I turned around and shook my head at him. "No, we were just arguing about who should go in and get you." He laughed and pulled out his phone for directions. "So you're gonna go down this road for 3 miles and then take the next 2 rights, and it should be there on the left." Noah nodded and pulled out of the driveway. We all sang along to the country song on the radio in deep country accents, while Harrison and I jammed out on the banjo.

After following Harrison's directions, and only making one wrong turn, we arrived at the mudding park. We all climbed out of the car and walked up to the shack to check in. We all signed the forms and followed the man to the side of the building to get the four-wheelers. "So, are you two riding together?" He asked, pointing at Harrison and I. Noah shook his head and Harrison made a gagging face which caused me to slap him. "Nope, I'm riding with my girlfriend." He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist. I blushed lightly. He nodded and handed us each a wristband, explaining that they would beep and light up when our session time was over.

Noah helped me onto the four-wheeler and made sure I was on securely before pulling out and entering the path. Harrison followed behind us as we bumped up and down, splashing mud as we went. Noah reached a big opening that overlooked a lake. We both gasped at the beautiful sight so he pulled off the road so we could look at it. "It's beautiful." I breathed. He nodded and turned around to look at me. "I would kiss you, but we have helmets on." He pouted.

I rolled my eyes and removed my arms from his abdomen, pulling off my helmet. "We could always take them off." I smirked. He grinned and pulled his helmet off. He leaned in and held my face with his hand as he kissed me. We both heard Harrison pull up behind us but we ignored him and continued making out. Harrison apparently didn't like that, because he revved his engine and I squealed as I felt the cold, wet mud hit my back.

"Harrison!" I yelled. "You are so in for it!" I quickly pulled my helmet back on, making Noah do the same. I wrapped my arms back around his waist and he started the engine quickly, chasing Harrison. He was laughing as he cleared a turn faster than Noah, causing his lead to increase. "Hurry!" I yelled to Noah. He picked up his speed a bit and got to the back of Harrison. "Shit, what am I suppose to do now!" He laughed. "Pass him!" I yelled. At the next turn he did as he was told and didn't slow down as much as Harrison, causing Harrison to step on the brakes to let us by. I took one hand off of Noah to wave goodbye to Harrison, who was growling.

We continued our high speed chase until our bracelets started beeping. We all collectively groaned and made our way back to the shack. We hopped off the four-wheelers and put our helmets back on the rack. I ran over to Harrison and shoved him against the wall of the building. "What the hell!" He laughed and shrugged. "That's what I'm here for!" I rolled my eyes and walked back over to Noah, allowing him to grab my hand.

"Did you have fun, darling?" He asked after we finished showering, separately of course, and had changed into clean clothes. I nodded and kissed his lips softly. "Thank you for bringing me and cheering me up." "No problem." He grinned. "It's my job to cheer up my beautiful girlfriend when she's upset." I blushed and rolled my eyes. "I love it when you're cheesy." He laughed and shrugged. "Well good thing me and all of my cheesiness aren't going anywhere." I nodded and kissed him one last time. "Yeah, good thing."

"Hey! The eyes of a minor over here!" Harrison yelled, causing us to pull apart. "Oh, shut up." I glared at him. He sent me a smile and I chased him to the car. "Noah! Keep your girlfriend away from me!" He screamed and shut the car door in my face. Noah laughed and dragged me to my side of the car. "Stay away from him, you're too good for him." Harrison scoffed but said nothing, thankful to not be in my grasp. Little did he know I would come for him later.