pit box [chase elliott]

word count: 1152
requested by: It's been too long I don't remember
summary: A relationship is tested at the track
warnings: None becuz its fluffy - like a dog
date published: March 30, 2020 / 12:30 am
authors note: I haven't published in over a year so I decided to start by finishing an old draft, this was a request from Kennedy but I don't have her @ because it was like a year ago :( enjoy!!

-

"Kennedy, I don't understand why you're upset!" Chase threw his hands in the air when I didn't answer. I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior. "I thought it was pretty obvious," I stated. "Well fill me in, because apparently, I'm too stupid to figure it out," Chase rashed. "You don't just hang out with your ex-girlfriend. Especially not without telling me!" I lashed out on him.

"Is that what this about? Kennedy, this is probably going to sound extremely cliché but I swear to you, I had no choice." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "What do you mean you had no choice? You always have a choice." He scoffed. "Maybe I don't. You know that she's still friends with William. We had to go over team stuff and when we finished she followed me back to the hauler. I kept telling her to leave but she didn't listen until Blaney came in and told her to get out."

"Whatever. Maybe she'll sit in your pit box too," I mumbled. Chase snorted behind me but I turned around and began walking to Bubba's hauler. He was the only one I trusted right now. I mean, of course, I trust Chase but if you saw what I saw then you would doubt his story. "Really, Kennedy?" He yelled as I walked away. I ignored his comment and made my way to Bubba's hauler. I knocked on the door and then invited myself in. He was on the couch eating Domino's with Amanda.

"Oh, hey Kenn." He smiled. "Hey," I sighed. I plopped myself down on the floor in front of them. "I'm hiding in here." Amanda frowned. "Boy problems?" I nodded and brought my knees up to my chest in an attempt to comfort myself. "Sorry Bub, I gotta go." Amanda stood up and grabbed my hand, yanking me up, and pulling me into their bedroom. Bubba whined as we shut the door behind him.

"What did Chase do?" She asked softly as we sat down on the bed. "He was with his ex," I mumbled. "WHAT?" She shrieked. "Oh my god, Amanda! I think you just gave me a heart attack!" She laughed and sheepishly gave me an apology. "Tell me exactly what happened."

I filled her in and told her that I had walked up to Chase's hauler and his ex-girlfriend was walking down the steps wearing the sluttiest outfit I had ever seen. I explained that Chase had let her in the hauler and thought it was okay. She sighed. "Boys are just so dumb." From outside the door, Bubba yelled, "Hey!" I jumped up from the bed and swung the door open, revealing Bubba on the ground trying to listen in on the conversation. "Bubba!" We both groaned.

"Sorry!" He laughed. "Well, you might as well come in now because you already heard." The three of us plopped down on the bed and Bubba pulled Amanda into his arms, giving her a tight hug. "I missed you," he whispered and kissed her temple. "Aw, you guys are so cute." I cooed. They both blushed and mumbled a 'thank you'. 

"So what do I do?" I sighed. They thought for a second and then Amanda spoke up. "It's Chase. He loves you with all of his heart. You two may have been fighting about this before but I know he's gonna go run to you like a sad puppy and realize he messed up." I let out a small laugh. Bubba nodded, "It's true. He does love you." I smiled softly.

"Hey, Bubs don't you have to go race?" Amanda questioned. "Uh. Shoot- I was supposed to be in the garage 10 minutes ago but I was too busy listening to the tea." Amanda and I chuckled. I pushed him off the bed and he ran out the door. I sighed as he left, wishing I could be with Chase right now.

Amanda nudged me with her elbow. "Go." I raised my eyebrows. "Now?" She nodded. "You are the only girl he wants in his pit box today." Deep down I knew this was true. Chase does love me, Bubba was right. I love Chase with my entire heart and I know he feels the same. Sometimes it's hard for me to stand on the sidelines and watch his life though. Sometimes the press and the rumors get in the way. I prefer to keep my relationship with Chase private and that oftentimes allows for speculation. On numerous occasions, Chase has been paired with his ex and it gets in my head.

"He needs your reassurance before the race. You know he's thinking about you right now." My heart leaped thinking of Chase. A small smile crept onto my face. "You're right Amanda. You're always right." I praised her as stood up. "You know it!" She grinned and pushed me out the door just as I pushed Bubba.

I ran out of the hauler and to the garages. I scanned the top of the garages for the familiar number 9. Still running, I spotted Chase talking with his crew chief. I stopped behind him, panting. He turned and saw me bent over and breathing hard. "Kennedy? Is everything okay?" Concern filled his voice and I couldn't help but think about how much he cares about me even though our last conversation was far from friendly.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked nervously. I became aware that the entire garage's eyes were now on me: the sweaty girl who ran from the haulers. I put my nerves behind me; Chase is more important than the thoughts of others. I explained to him how all the rumors about him and other girls bothered me and how I do trust him, it's myself I doubt. He sighed deeply and wrapped his arms around me. His firesuit was sticky from Arizona weather and eyes from his entire pit crew were on us but I couldn't care less. He was in my arms. My arms. And I loved every second.

"Kennedy, I love you with everything I have. I care about you like no one else. I want you to have faith in our relationship and yourself. There's no one else I'd rather give sweaty hugs to 15 minutes before a race." I pulled away from our hug and gasped. "Oh my gosh! I forgot you had to race! Good luck! You are gonna kill it, as usual!" He grinned. "Will you be in the pit box?" He knew this was something I didn't like to do. Oftentimes cameras found me in the pit box and began asking questions. But for Chase, and myself, I'll do it. I'll do anything. "I wouldn't miss it." He grinned and pulled me in for one last hug. "Now go! Your seat needs to be warmed up." I laughed and ran out of the garage, blowing him a kiss as I did so.