working [chase elliott]

word count: 1012
requested by: EMTstrong
summary: Cheyenne comes home to two drunk boys and listens to Ryan pour out Chase's heart for him, and helps them heal their wounds
warnings: mention of alcoholic beverages, drunken state
date published: November 15, 2017 / 8:44 am
authors note: it's been so long since you requested this you probably forgot you requested it lol

-

"Chase?" I called as I unlocked the door and stepped in from the cold outside. I heard no response so I tip-toed into the living room to find him snuggled on the couch with a blanket over his curled up body. I sighed from an overload of cuteness and set down my work bag in the closet. Just as I closed the closet door a toilet flushed from the bathroom down the hall. I jumped and looked back over at Chase. He was still asleep, so who was in the bathroom?

I crept down the hall slowly and jumped when the bathroom door swung open. Out stumbled a drunken Ryan Blaney. I groaned in annoyance. "Ryan? Are you alright?" He grinned and nodded, falling into my arms. "Are you alright?" I sighed and nodded. "Well Chase isn't alright." I raised an eyebrow at him, causing him to giggle. "Why is Chase not okay? Is he hurt?"

Ryan pouted and began to move towards the living room where Chase was sleeping. "I see his point. Everything is medical." "What?" I asked. "He called me over here to get drunk. So that's what we did!" He cheered loudly. I covered his mouth with my hand to shush him. "Be quiet! He's asleep!" Ryan rolled his eyes but was obedient. "Yes ma'am." He mumbled. "Oh please, don't be like that." He shrugged and fell back on top of me.

"So why did Chase call you over?" I asked. "Well," he laughed. "He wanted to get drunk!" I rolled my eyes. "Okay, and why is that?" He shrugged his shoulders, causing him to fall over. I caught him immediately with my fast reflexes. "Man you're heavy." I groaned. "All these muscles." He giggled. "Yeah, okay. Answer my question." "What was your question?" He looked at me innocently. I groaned and plopped him on the couch across from Chase. "Why did Chase call you over to get drunk?" I questioned as I sat down next to him.

"Because he got your text. And he said it's the 'third time this week' or something like that. And he's tired of you working over your shift because he can't see you and you need to take a break and it's unhealthy and he missed you and he can't see you and I think there was something else. Oh! He feels lonely." He slurred. I looked down at my hands and fiddled with them.

"He said all that to you?" "Mhm!" Ryan answered proudly. "And so you guys got drunk because he felt alone?" He nodded and shrugged. "Yeah, I mean when you're getting drunk with a buddy you don't feel alone." I sighed and placed my head in my hands. I wanted to crawl into a hole and die. Why couldn't Chase talk to me about this? Why did he need to bring Ryan into it? Hopefully he wouldn't remember anything in the morning.

I looked over and Chase and I saw his eyes open, looking at me. Immediately he closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep. Tears welled in my eyes but I forced myself to hold them in. "Chase?" I asked. "I'm sleeping." He slurred back and pulled the blanket back over his head. "Chase. Please be an adult." Ryan giggled and played with his hair. "He's drunk!"

I sighed and stood up from the couch I shared with Ryan and walked over to Chase. "I know you're awake. Can we please talk?" He nodded and sat up. "Tell me what's wrong." He took a deep breath and pulled the blanket down. "Ryan just told you."

"But I want to hear it from you." I mumbled. "I miss you. You're gone too much. I want you to stop working and come back to me." I frowned and sighed. "Do I really work that much?" He nodded and pulled out his phone. He groaned from the brightness but pulled up our messages and handed me his phone. I scrolled up and noticed over the past week the only messages we sent were "I'm going to be home late" and "okay" .

"I miss you." He said again. "How did this happen?" I asked myself. "I guess you love your job more." Chase frowned. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "No! That's not true! I love you so much." He immediately came to my rescue and pulled me into him arms, letting me cry into his chest.

"Everything's going to be okay. We're going to work this out, baby. Nothing is going to tear us apart." It was as if my crying had flipped a switch inside him and he was sober because I needed him. "How did I let this tear us apart?" I sobbed. "This is not your fault. I should've said something about how it upset me."

He rubbed my back while I cried and we both let out our emotions to each other. "What can I do to fix this?" I asked through my tears. "Talk to your boss. See if you can get hours closer to mine or at least less late hours." "Okay." I nodded. "Whatever I can do. I guess I just never realized how much time I was spending away from you. Working for a few extra hours after each of my shifts didn't seem like a lot at the time but I realize now that it adds up."

"We're gonna be okay, Cheyenne. Don't worry." I took a deep breath through my tears and let my stress and worry radiate out of my body as Chase rubbed my back calmly, rocking us softly. I pulled away and kissed his cheek. "Thank you baby." He smiled at me and began to say something but stopped himself and began to chuckle.

"What's so funny?" I asked. "Ryan." He grinned. I turned to look over at the other couch. Ryan laid sprawled out on the couch, sucking his thumb softly. Suddenly he let out a snore causing us to giggle and snuggle into each other's arms even more.