just a nobody

Warning: mature language and scenes
third person
word count: 5,480
1:56 pm | peter has always been a little secretive and cute — but this isn't what you had in mind

Peter watched you walk down the hall. His eyes were glued to your legs. That day, you happened to have an interview for the school website's new introduction video, and they asked you to talk about clubs and after-school activities. You agreed, and that day you put more thought than usual into your outfit.

A lovely black and white plaid skirt, a cute pair of nude heels, a thin white shirt, and a black blazer with the sleeves rolled up to your elbows. You looked like a young businesswoman, and when you looked in the mirror that morning you had never felt more professional or mature.

Is the makeup? Is the skirt too short? Is it just too much?  You had wondered. You decided to go with it; it made you feel confident and intelligent. You didn't need anyone to give you that satisfaction. It's what made you different; you never wanted to rock with the crowd. You wanted to go your own way. You wanted to see things no one had seen before, you wanted to taste things that had never been tasted. The only thing that you felt was missing was someone to share it with; the only thing that was missing was a boy, but you're independent mind would never admit that to anyone, not even to yourself.

Ned and Peter waited by Peter's locker as you passed by. They turned around as soon as they heard the sound of your heels, and Peter couldn't keep his eyes off of you.

"D-Do girls shoes just . . . just do that? Why can't my shoes make me look I have abs or something?" Ned asked, looking down at his feet. Peter shoved him a little hard, a little fire in his belly for Ned looking at you. Peter turned back to gawk at you, but you had already disappeared around the corner. He quickly ran a hand through his hair.

"Do I look alright?" He asked Ned, biting his lip nervously. He felt light on his feet. They were talking about you, for Christ's sake. And what was more important that impressing you? He knew the crowd you ran with, and he noticed how you always seemed to stand out from the rest.  Peter couldn't put his finger on it, but there was something so new about you. There was something auxiliary about your personality. And although Peter had never really gotten the chance to talk to you about it, just watching you made him feel like he knew all about you.

"Why? You gonna go talk to her? Finally?" Ned joked. He rolled his eyes; he knew Peter would never dare. Would he?

"Yeah, I am. She's tutoring me today," Peter smiled at the thought. Ned's face dropped, and he looked from Peter to the ceiling, from Peter to the ceiling, from Peter to the ceiling.

"Peter Parker? Getting tutored? Since when?" Ned gasped. He reached for Peter's forehead, feeling for warmth.

"I think you're sick. I think you're mad sick, dude," he laughed. Peter swatted his hands off of him.

"If you have to know, Ned, I needed tutoring ever since I started taking Spanish," Peter explained, shutting his locker.

"Peter, but you don't take Spanish."

"Well, nobody has to know that," Peter replied.

2:45 pm

Peter set his things down beside you, plopping down in the chair across from you. You looked up from your Spanish textbook, blinking a few times before you realized who it was you were tutoring. Peter Parker. You had always heard rumors about Peter. You heard that he was a nerd. You heard that he didn't play football, and that made him lesser because anyone that wanted to be anything played football. You heard he was naïve because one could easily get answers out of him if they wanted to, because he was so gullible. You also heard he would never be fit enough to be anything but behind a desk, because he was so not confident or hot enough to be anything else but boring. You even heard the rumor about him having feelings for you, one that everyone made sure you knew. Because for someone like him to like somebody like you was just ridiculous right?