idiots

playlist:
jealous by labrinth
losin' control by russ
pyscho, pt. 2 by russ
marvins room by drake

Warning: mature language and content
third person
word count: 6,400
8:44 pm | peter parker should have never let you go

Did you feel it? Did you ever feel it?

It was raining.

No, it was not raining; it was pouring. Your clothes began to stick to your skin, molding into you like you wished you could mold into the ground. There was hate in your heart. There was anger in your heart. You had lost something, just as you assumed the sky had. People only cried when they had lost something.

The man who lived across from you cried because his dog had died; he had lost his best friend.
The little boy sitting on the curb cried because his toy was broken; he had lost something of his childhood.
The girl in your science class had cried from laughter; she had lost her control.
The baby on the steps of that little church iglesia de dios cried; he had lost his mother.
You had cried, on the sidewalk in an urban neighborhood in Queens; you had lost your heart.

You had never seen him so angry. You had never seen him so angry at you. You had never seen him so angry at anyone.

There was a loud crack that rang in your ears, and you noticed there was a hole in the wall now. Peter's knuckles were crusted white with drywall. His dark eyes were crazy, his body a show of tension.

"What were you thinking?" He cried. You shook your head, your fingers reaching out to clutch his arm. He pulled himself away from you.

"You could've gotten yourself killed. You could've been hurt. You are such an idiot!" Peter growled. You ignored the stinging in your heart, the sour taste on your tongue.

"Watch your mouth, Peter! I was just trying to help!" You shot back. Peter grabbed at the curls on his head, letting out a scoff.

"Well, don't! This is why I didn't want to tell you. This is why I keep secrets from you. Because you just get in the way," he breathed. You let out a bitter laugh.

"Excuse me? Peter, you better tread carefully, you're talking to your girlfriend," you warned. Peter looked at you.

"Exactly. You're my girlfriend. You're my girlfriend, but you never listen to me. You can't do things like that, you can't jump in like that! You are not a superhero, you can't defend yourself, and then it would be on me when you got hurt. And I would never forgive myself."

"I did it on my own, Peter. I was just trying to help."

"Well, you can't help, (y/n)! You can't help! Can't you see that by now?" Peter protested. You had tears threatening to fall from the safety of your eyes. You bit your lip to stop it from quivering. Peter was hurting you, and you felt stupider by the minute. All you wanted to do was help.

"I just...I just wanted to help."

"Well, don't. Don't help me. Don't ever help me, you can't help me. I won't lose you, not like that."

There was a pause. You made sure you caught Peter's eyes. You grabbed your backpack, hoisting it over your shoulder as you made for the door. You turned back to him as you emerged in the doorway.

"Don't worry, you won't. You already lost me."

The sound of a slamming door was the last thing he heard.