Chapter 11

Carlos P.O.V

"Ow Mal, what did you slap me for" I say rubbing my face. "Carlos, how could you do that to Evie!" she shouts. I sigh wishing Evie and Mal knew what I knew.

"I'm sorry Mal but I can't be with Evie." After saying that I receive another slap in the face. "Mal, really!!"

"How could you hurt Evie like that. She's been with you through thick and thin! She's never showed anything but love for you and yet you treat her like crap. I mean really Carlos!? What makes Jane so much more special? Why are you even with her? Evie has always been there for you Carlos, I don't understand how you could do that to her. You wouldn't have any friends if it wasn't for her. Let me tell you something Carlos. I hope you have the best time with Jane. You two deserve each other you no good little..."

"Woah Mal stop there. No profanity!" I say interrupting her. "Can you let me explain?" I ask her. "Fine" she says.

"I can't because of Jane" I say almost in a whisper. "So now you're saying Jane is better than Evie" Mal says with attitude. "No not at all. Matter of fact I love Evie more than Jane." I respond. "Then what's the problem" Mal asks.

"I can't because Jane has something on Evie and if I break up with her for Evie, she'll tell everybody" I say ashamed. Mal looks at me shocked and says "are you talking about the thing?" "Yup, the thing Evie doesn't want us bringing up again" I say folding my arms. "How does she know about that?" Mal says angrily. "I don't know but she just does" I respond.

"Carlos why are you letting Jane control what you do with your life?" she says. "To protect her" I answer. "You really do love her don't you?" she ask smiling.

I start blushing and quietly say "Yes, I do.