Chapter 33

As we leave, Carlos walks me back to my room. "Goodnight love" I say to him. He softly kisses my cheek causing me to smile.

I walk in the room and put my pajamas on and plop down on my bed. I hear the door open and look to see Mal coming in. "Hey M" I say looking up at the ceiling. "I'm sooooo tired" she says falling face first into the bed immediately falling asleep.

"Only you Mal" I say in a whisper before dozing off to sleep.

A few hours later

"Evie, wake up" I hear. I open my eyes to see a tired Mal with her purple hair messy and unkept, bags under her eyes, in her purple pajamas, and yawning. "Mal its 3 in the morning! What's wrong?" I say sitting up.

"These two say its something important" Mal says pointing to her left. As I look I see Ben and Jay.

I get out the bed and put my slippers on walking over to Ben and Jay. "Whatever it is, couldn't it wait until morning" I ask while rubbing my eyes. "No Evie, this is really important and we're concerned" Ben says. "What's up" I ask still confused as to why they're here. "Something's wrong with Carlos" Jay says quickly. I blink a few times before speaking again. "What do you mean?" "Just go look" Ben says pointing to the door.

I leave quickly running all the way to Carlos' room barging in. I look to see him screaming in his sleep.

I run over next to him lightly shaking him. "Carlos, wake up. You're having a bad dream." "LEAVE ME ALONE MOM" he shouts. "Its not your mom, its Evie" I whisper still slightly shaking him. "STOP IT" he yells opening his eyes and sitting up.

"Carlos are you ok?" I ask sitting down next to him. Carlos wraps his arms around me and pulls me close while crying into my shoulder. "Oh Carlos, it'll be ok" I say rubbing his back. "Will I ever stop thinking about the things she's done to me in the past" he says sobbing. "I know, we all had a tough childhood. You're not alone Carlos. I'm here for you."

"I know you are" he answers sniffling. Pulling away I pinch his cheeks and say "Now where's my happy Carlos" which makes him smile.

"He's right here" he responds with a smile.

He kisses me softly making me giddy inside. "Thanks Evie" he says blushing.

As I get up to walk out the door I hear him say something. "Evie, I love you" he says unexpectedly. I turn around to look at him. "I love too Carlos."