Chapter 37

Later that day, Carlos and I were sitting at the Enchanted Lake having dinner with Mal and Ben on our double date.

"Mmmm did you cook these Ben?" I ask him shoving a crab cake in my mouth. Ben laughs and says "yea, but my mom did help." Carlos grabs a grape and I open my mouth as he throws it and I catch it. "So I wanna know how you two met" Ben asks looking at us. "Ok, but I'll let Carlos tell the story" I say turning to look at him.

Warning: This story is made up and told from 3rd person p.o.v

*Flashback*
Evie heard sobbing outside her house. She looked out the window to see a boy with white hair crying while laying on the ground in pain. She felt pity for him even though it wasn't allowed on the Isle.

Walking outside she went up to the boy and sat next to him. He tried to get up and run away from her scared she would do something to him.

"No, I promise I won't hurt you" she said looking at him with kind eyes. Carlos stopped and fell to the ground feeling too much pain to even stand. "What's your name?" Evie asked him. "Carlos" he answers still scared of her. Evie looked at him and noticed his leg was bleeding and he had scars and bruises on his arm with a blood stain on his cheek. "Who did this to you" she asked feeling bad for the boy. "My mother" he said ashamed.

"Oh you poor thing" Evie responded. "Come here, let me help you" Evie said. Evie grabbed his hand and helped him walk to her house. She helped him to her room hiding him from her mother. "Thanks Evie" Carlos said with a smile.

Evie stopped and looked at him. "How do you know my name?" she asked confused.

"Everybody knows you. You're the daughter of The Evil Queen. Most beautiful girl on the Isle" Carlos stopped himself from continuing after noticing what he just said making his eyes grow wide. Evie smiled as she blushed lightly. "You really think I'm beautiful?" she asked looking down at the ground. "I mean yeah...um doesn't everybody...you're like...gorg...eous" Carlos says stuttering.

Evie looks him in the eye seeing a twinkle. "Let me help you with these wounds" Evie says getting up. She looks around for a rag and lightly wets it. She makes her way back to Carlos and gently dabs on his wounds with the wet rag.

"So why did your mom do this do you?" Evie asks quietly. "I didn't fluff her furs or clean her bedroom" Carlos said embarrassed. "That's terrible" Evie said shaking her head.

"Well in case you haven't noticed, that's how things are here" Carlos says in a whisper. Carlos watches Evie as she fixes him up. "Why are you doing this?" Carlos asked her confused. "Because I care about you" Evie replies. Carlos blushes and says "how can you care about me when you just met me?" "You seem...different. You're not like the rest of the people on the Isle." Evie says looking him in the eye.

Carlos stares at Evie and she stares back at him. Catching each others glance they both look away. "Sorry" they say at the same time blushing.

*Flashback over*

"Before you were dating you guys were already adorable" Ben says smiling. I giggle and then lean my head on Carlos as he wraps his arm around me.

"Let's get ready to go, we gotta do some more wedding planning" Mal says wiping her face with a napkin.

"Yea the wedding is next week after all" Carlos says smiling and looking down at me. I look up at him giggling and rub our noses against each other. "I'll finally be Evie de Vil" I say hugging him.