Chapter 28

As we help Evie get back to her room, everybody leaves except for Mal and I.

"Are you sure you'll be ok on you're own Evie?" I ask concerned. "You're sweet but I'm fine Carlos. Mal will be here with me for the night" she answers smiling. "I just don't feel comfortable leaving you by yourself" I say. "Um hello, am I just nobody now" Mal says waving. "You know I didn't mean it like that" I say while Evie laughs.

"Carlos, I'm safe with Mal" she says. "Ok fine, I'll check on you in the morning though" I respond. I kiss her on the cheek causing her to blush and then I leave the room.

The Next Morning...

Evie's P.O.V

I wake up to see Carlos 3 inches close to my face. "AHHH" I scream.

"Calm down, its just me princess" he says laughing. "What are you doing here" I ask rubbing the sleep out my eyes. "I told you I'd check on you in the morning so here I am" he says.

"Carlos it's so early" I say laying back down. "Evie it's after 11" he says folding his arms.

"A beautiful girl like me needs her beauty rest" I say putting the covers over me. "Oh not today" Carlos replies. He grabs the blanket yanking it off me. "Carlos let me sleep" I whine. "Not until you take your pain reliever" he says pulling out pills.

"Eww I hate medicine" I pout. "Too bad" Carlos says. He opens the pills trying to give it to me. "I am not eating that" I say shaking my head. "Yes you are" he responds. "You gotta catch me first."

I get up out the bed running around limping in pain as Carlos chases me. "Evie if you don't take this medicine" he says. "What you gonna do about it" I tease. Suddenly I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and pick me up. "Carlos put me down now" I say laughing. He puts me down in my bed and says "You need to take the pills to feel less pain. Don't make me punish you" he says smirking.

"Oh and what are you gonna do" I say sticking my tongue out. "No kisses" he replies. "GIVE ME THE PILLS" I shout. I grab the pills out his hand and plop them in my mouth. "Now where's my kiss" I say.

"You gotta catch me first" he says mocking me. "Ugh, I hate you" I say getting up and chasing him.