Chapter 14

Mal's P.O.V

I see Evie leave not even knowing how to react. I can't even believe Jane. I watch as Fairy Godmother is scolding her.

"Ben can you believe Jane" I say looking at him. "She has taken this too far. I'm removing her of all responsibilities from planning banquets." He says looking more serious then ever.

I see Jay approaching Carlos so me and Ben head over there as well.

"Hey Carlos, you should go look for Evie" Jay says patting his back. "I can't" Carlos says blankly. "What do you mean. She needs you right now" Ben says.

"No you guys don't understand." Carlos says. Ben, Jay, and I look at him waiting for an explanation.

"I tried to protect Evie, I really did. And I blew it. This is my fault. If I had never got involved with Jane in the first place then this wouldn't be happening. I'm the blame for this. Evie deserves to be with somebody who'll make her happy and will always be there to protect her. After what just happened, I can clearly see now that person isn't me." As he speaks we hear his voice cracking as if he's gonna cry.

"Carlos you don't really mean that" I say patting his shoulder.

"Yes I do Mal" he begins. "I'm not good enough for her. She deserves better." I watch as I see his eyes get watery, feeling so bad for him.

We all watch as Carlos walks in the opposite direction that Evie went. I look at Ben and Jay and say "we need to get these two together soon."

"Jay, you go find Carlos. Ben, you set Jane straight. And I'll go find Evie and see if she's ok." Jay and Ben both nod and go do as I say.

I run off all the way to the Enchanted Lake finding Evie sitting by the edge still crying.

"E, are you ok?" I ask approaching her.

"How does she know?" she says not even facing me. "I don't know" I respond. "Somehow she found out but Evie that's not the important thing."

Evie stands up and surprisingly hugs me crying onto my shoulder.

"Let's leave the past in the past." I begin. "You stopped that a long time ago so let's try to forget it and focus on the future." "You sound like Fairy Godmother" she says. Both of us laugh at that remark. "Thanks Mal" she says smiling.

"Anytime E" I respond.