Adrien-Chapter 6

The night appeared to be deadly silent, all except for the faint creaking of a shard of glass from the Louvre Pyramid about to fall and smash into the ground. He remembered coming here before on a school field trip, but what was so special about it that it attracted the attention of Hawk Moth himself?

He continued leading them through the mess of glass and sifted the shards around with his metal rod. There appeared to be no trace that the black butterflies had even been here except that he had seen them himself.

"Look at this," Ladybug said as she pointed to several items knocked down from the desk, one of them including a bundle of pamphlets that had traveled with the butterflies, leaving somewhat of a trail. However, the trail ended when the last pamphlet had fallen to the ground.

Adrien finally entertained the thought that he tried so hard to push away. "What do you think happened to Hawk Moth? I thought we defeated him."

"So did I," she replied, now leading him through the pyramid. Without good vision in the dark, she stumbled over something and he caught her just in time, their faces just inches from one another.

"Well, hello, m'lady," Adrien said with a wink. "If you wanted to get me alone in the dark, all you had to do was ask."

Ladybug rolled her eyes and pushed him away. "This is serious, Chat."

"I am serious. Why don't we put away our costumes and go on a real date? Not these late night Sherlock excursions."

"I hope you're not considering these dates," she grinned. "Because you'd be highly disappointed."

They quieted as they continued down the hallway and into a large, spacious room. On the door frame, Adrien ran his fingers over a glimmer in the wood and pulled his hand back to find that same shimmer on his black gloves.

"What do you think this is?" Adrien asked as he held his hand out to Ladybug, but she only scowled at him and placed her hands on her hips. Although he knew he shouldn't be, he couldn't tear his eyes away from her fantastic figure...

"Chat, I can't see in the dark, remember? What is it?"

He shrugged and rolled the substance between two of his fingers, inspecting it closer. "Sparkles? Or more like a little shimmer. Like that stuff girls wear on their eyes."

Ladybug snorted with laughter. "You mean eye shadow? It might have come from the butterflies' wings. Can you follow the trail?"

Adrien nodded. "I think so."

A wicked grin spread across his face as he rubbed his entire hand in the shimmery substance and then wiped it all over Ladybug's cheek until she shimmered too. She shrieked and tried to pull away, but he didn't let go until he thoroughly did his job.

"Chat!" Ladybug grumbled as she attempted to swipe the shimmer off her face, but then she laughed and retaliated by swiping it across his face but he could only grin like an idiot instead of wiping it off. He was much taller than her than he remembered, but maybe because he grew when she didn't.

"I really enjoy it when you flirt back," Adrien said with another wink and of course, Ladybug just rolled her eyes but her smile stayed put.

"Don't you ever get tired of wasting our time?" Ladybug asked as she followed after him. He could see the trail of glitter shimmering as the moonlight filtered in through the window, almost like a trail of dark pixie dust.

"Never. After all, somebody's gotta slow you down. You're too ambitious for your own good."

The trail led to a crypt behind a display case that had been burst open and a carefully preserved mummy lay inside. She appeared intact, but the butterflies came for something. Now what was it?