Adrien-Chapter 26

Nothing was going right. His lady had been captured by Hawk Moth, he broke things off with Marinette, and after the fight with Hawk Moth, Marinette was nowhere to be found. At first, Adrien thought she might've gotten hurt in the fight, but he searched for hours and couldn't find any trace of her except for the red scarf she had been wearing right before the attack happened. Not even Alya managed to capture her disappearance on her phone.

Adrien's grip on Marinette's scarf tightened as he picked up his phone and called Marinette's parents for what felt like the tenth time that day.

"Hello?" Sabine asked, a worried note in her voice.

"Hey, it's Adrien again. I take it Marinette hasn't come home yet?"

Sabine didn't answer right away. Instead, she let out a loud sniff before finally saying, "No, she hasn't. This isn't like her. She wouldn't stay away. Marinette would at least call to let us know she's okay."

A stab of guilt shot into Adrien's heart as he wondered if this was his fault. Did he hurt her by saying what he said? Could that be what drove her away?

"Thanks, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng. I'll call you if she turns up."

Adrien hung up the phone and hung his head. Two people he cared about were missing and he didn't know what to do. Ladybug would know. She always knew what to do. But this time, he was all alone and had to do this without Ladybug's help. After all, he only had one more day to free her, otherwise she'd die, and he couldn't let that happen.

His eyebrows furrowed with determination as he grabbed his jacket and headed out of his apartment. If he wasn't mistaken, Alyssa should be done with a photoshoot by now.

On his way to the Le Grand Paris, owned by André Bourgeois, Chloe's father, where Alyssa was staying, he purchased a bouquet of roses and did his best to still his wildly beating heart. Sure, Alyssa might be the new Hawk Moth, but she didn't know that he knew. He had to use this to his advantage.

"Adrikins!" Chloe squealed as Adrien entered the hotel, throwing her arms around his neck and nearly choking him with her strong grip. "I had no idea you were coming! Are these for me? You shouldn't have!"

She reached for the flowers but Adrien held them just out of reach. "Sorry, Chloe. These are for Alyssa."

Chloe's mouth turned down into a pout. "Of course I knew that! Who else would you be coming to see?"

The elevator dinged and all color drained from Adrien's face as Alyssa stepped out, looking equally surprised to see him as he was to see her. She lifted her sunglasses and placed them on top of her head, a smile pulling up on her lips.

"Adrien. I was just about to go see you," Alyssa said with a smile as she gave him a kiss. It took all of Adrien's self-control not to gag. "What are you doing here?"

Taking a deep breath, Adrien forced his fear down and gave her an easy smile. "I came to see my beautiful girlfriend, of course." He handed her the flowers and her eyes immediately lit up as she accepted them.

"Come up to my room so I can put these in water."

In no world did Adrien ever want to be alone with this moth witch, but for Ladybug's sake, he had to.

They climbed into the elevator, and when Alyssa led him to her hotel room, he had to take another deep breath. He had no idea what he'd have to do in order to catch Alyssa off guard, but Ladybug meant the world to him—he'd do whatever it took.

Giving him a warm smile while placing the flowers in a vase, Alyssa asked, "So does this mean you're finally over trying to get together with Miss Dupain-Cheng? I know she's the reason you broke up with me in the first place."