Adrien-Chapter 30

The plan was simple—or at least it sounded simple but it would be harder to execute. It had been easy to steal Alyssa's kwami the first time, but the second time wouldn't be so easy. Fortunately, with Adrien's connection with her still intact and Plagg's ability to move around unnoticed, they should be able to pull this off. Before Alyssa knew what hit her, she would be Miraculousless and Ladybug and Chat Noir would have saved the day yet again.

"Are you ever going to leave my side?" Marinette laughed as Adrien followed her back home to pass the time before they had to enact their plan. "We've been together for almost twenty-four hours already. I thought you'd be sick of me by now."

"Sick of you?" Adrien gasped as if offended. "I've been waiting years for this day. There's no way I'm getting sick of you. Whether you like it or not, you'll be seeing a lot more of me in the future."

Marinette smiled and leaned into him as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, kitty."

When they entered the Dupain-Cheng's home, Adrien called out, "Look who I found! Home, safe and sound."

"Marinette!" Sabine cried as she flew around the corner and engulfed her daughter in her arms, followed closely by Tom. "Where have you been? Your father and I have been so worried!" She smoothed down Marinette's long, silky hair in a motherly fashion.

"An akuma got me," Marinette lied, partly. "I couldn't remember anything and Adrien found me wandering around the city. But you don't need to worry. I'm okay now."

Her parents fussed over her for at least another ten minutes before sending Marinette upstairs to shower and dress in fresh clothes. But when she disappeared, Tom yelped after looking down at his watch. "Sabine, we have that delivery at one and we're going to be late! Adrien, please do us the biggest favor ever. I need you to decorate the cake in the kitchen. Just a basic design is fine. Please and thank you!"

Sabine threw an apron over Adrien's head and thrust a piping bag into his hands, and then all became quiet in the house except for the shower running upstairs. Adrien just stared helplessly at the bag full of white frosting in his hands. What on earth was he supposed to do with this?

"I'm Chat Noir for heaven's sake," Adrien muttered under his breath, now staring cluelessly at the unfrosted cake in front of him. "I can put frosting on a cake."

But still, he inspected the cake for a couple minutes, spinning it around and around on the spinny wheel as he tried to find the right angle. White frosting on a white cake. Easy.

Very carefully, Adrien lowered the end of the piping bag to the cake and squirted out the smallest bit, grimacing as it smeared across the top. What was wrong with him? This shouldn't be so hard... But still, he kept trying, doing smear after smear until the entire top of the cake looked like a white moppy mess. Apparently Chat Noir couldn't frost a cake.

Laughter behind him caused him to spin around, but he relaxed when he saw that it was Marinette. However, he became embarrassed to the roots of his hair when he realized she laughed at his horribly frosted cake.

"Having a little trouble?" she asked as she brushed past him, making him feel floaty from her touch alone. This was his Ladybug. His beautiful, incredible Ladybug. He felt completely head over heels. Especially as she took the piping bag from him and took over frosting the cake. Her hands moved expertly and he found himself falling even harder for her at her graceful skill.

"Is it that obvious?" he laughed, his eyes sparkling humorously. "Your parents have more faith in me than they should. But if you and I are going to date, I'm going to have to learn."