Adrien-Chapter 8

Adrien couldn't believe what he saw. It had been years since he had seen something like this happen and this had Hawk Moth written all over it. Citizens' screams filled the air as they ran for cover, but even then, Global Warming managed to shoot fire from her fingertips that smashed into cars, overturning the metal beasts with loud screeching across the asphalt. Even the water from a nearby fire hydrant shot up to the skies when Global Warming's power melted the top of it right off, the geyser becoming unrestrained as it burst upward.

He felt completely dazed and a stupid smile pulled up on his lips as he watched Ladybug swing into action, using her yo-yo to trip Global Warming by wrapping the string around the akumatized woman's legs. Despite falling flat on her face, Global Warming shot a blast of fire out of her hands and Adrien only had seconds to react.

As quickly as he could, he leaped toward Ladybug and pushed her out of the way just before a fire blast could hit her.

"Let's turn down the heat a notch, shall we?" Adrien said as he took out his staff and extended it so he could use it as a weapon. "All this warmth is making me want to take a cat nap."

Rushing forward, Adrien slammed his staff into Global Warming's stomach, making her double over with pain. Unfortunately, she grabbed a hold of his ankle and with superhuman strength, she spun Adrien around and around and then let go, slamming him into a brick building. The blow took the air right out of him, but he couldn't stop fighting. Innocent people would get hurt.

Working as a team just like in the good old days, he and Ladybug took on the akumatized victim and dealt blow after blow after blow, but it didn't seem to be doing anything. If anything, Global Warming only seemed to be growing stronger as she dropped the fight altogether and headed toward the Eiffel Tower.

"We can't keep this up!" Ladybug panted. "She's too strong."

"How long, exactly, has it been since you've changed into Ladybug?" Adrien teased. "Or have you completely forgotten about your lucky charm?"

Ladybug smacked her forehead as if she had overlooked the most obvious solution. "Right! Come on, Chat! We need to catch up!" She grabbed his hand and he grinned like an idiot as she tugged him along.

"Getting friendly before the real fight?" he asked slyly as they ran toward the Tower.

"Oh hush, Chat. If I were getting friendly, you'd know."

He shrugged. "Doesn't sound like a bad time to start."

Of course, she ignored him and let go of his hand, leaping into the air and kicking Global Warming from behind, making her teeter dangerously on her climb up the tower. Still, she didn't let go and only began cackling triumphantly.

"Paris will experience the biggest heat wave that has ever existed! Scorch the fields! Evaporate the water! There will be nothing left!"

Adrien's expression became serious as he followed after, jumping from metal bar to metal bar. He took one gigantic leap over the akumatized woman's head and came barrelling down, kicking his foot right into the woman's face. She lost her grasp and plummeted downward, but before she could crash to the ground, she grabbed onto another metal bar, continuing to haul herself up. What was with this akuma? It was stronger than usual.

"Ladybug!"

"I'm on it!"

Ladybug used her yo-yo to fling herself upward until she landed on a more stable platform of the Eiffel Tower all while Global Warming continued to climb. Hardly anything they did could shake her. "Lucky charm!"