Adrien-Chapter 32

His will was not his own, and as hard as he tried, he couldn't control his own body. Besides that fact, true, dark thoughts filtered through his mind, seeming to erase anything else that had been there previously. In the past, when he looked at Ladybug, he saw everything good, but now that his mind felt clouded, his only desire was to destroy her.

Adrien lashed out with his claws again but Ladybug dodged out of the way, quicker than he thought possible. Despite his fast reflexes, she managed to dodge him again and again. However, he was a cat. Catching something that didn't want to be caught was a worthy challenge.

"You won't be able to keep this up forever," Adrien laughed. "If I'm not mistaken, you're still recovering from the last akuma attack."

It was obvious that she struggled to find the energy each time she evaded him, her breathing becoming labored and sweat lining her forehead. Unfortunately, she was still weak and he planned to take full advantage of that.

"This isn't you, Chat!" Ladybug cried, clutching her arm as she stood in a defensive stance as he cornered her on the rooftop. The sight of blood underneath her fingers made him pause. He hurt her... "This isn't my kitty cat."

"I'm not your kitty cat," Adrien spat, the darkness taking over once again "I never was. You made that quite clear from the beginning."

Snow began falling down on them, making it a little more difficult to see his surroundings. Ladybug used this to her advantage and soon enough, she all but disappeared. However, it started to get dark outside and she couldn't see in the dark. But he could. So using his cat-like night vision, he honed in on her blurred movements until he found her crouching behind a crate in the gathering darkness. She looked to be drained of energy.

Alyssa laughed from where she stood watching the scene unfold just feet away. "Get her, Chat Noir! End this!"

Adrien stalked forward with a malicious grin on his face, his purple eyes glowing formidably against the darkness of the night. As he walked toward her, his hand glowed purple as well, instead of the normal black tendrils that came with his cataclysm power. This was it. This was the end of Ladybug.

With one powerful sweep of his hand, Adrien completely incinerated the box that Ladybug hid behind, the sound echoing loudly as it shattered to reveal the exhausted Ladybug hiding behind it. She leaped to her feet, putting a little more distance between the two of them.

"I'm warning you!" she cried as she held up a hand as if that could keep him from getting any closer. "I'll do whatever it takes to stop you, Chat. Even if that means kissing you like that last time you were akumatized."

The mention of that made him stop completely as he tried to remember this incident, a part of Adrien returning as he thought back to that moment years ago when he had been akumatized. He didn't remember much of that day, and he certainly didn't remember a kiss. Ladybug kissed him? Why hadn't Plagg told him?!

Adrien took a step back while shaking his head, trying to shake himself out of this strange reality where he desperately wanted to kill Ladybug. He couldn't do this. This wasn't right.

"Kill her, Chat!" Alyssa cried hysterically, purple moths swirling around them in a flurry as if they were caught in a whirlwind of purple snow.

"Please, Chat," Ladybug begged softly, almost as if she knew that she started to get through to him, past the haze in his mind. "Don't do this. I love you."