Chapter Four

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I can't drive you home today." Johnny says as we walk out of the large front doors of the school. I look up at him with narrowed eyes from the bright sun glaring at me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You could have told me that earlier." I answer grabbing the straps of my back pack tightly. He shrugs lightly, as we continue to walk.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, I can if your willing to wait until after football tryouts." He tells me and I roll my eyes mentally, something that seems to have become a habit of mine.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Your doing football again? And anyway I'll just walk with Brynn." I explain as we continue to walk down the main pathway out of the school, but Johnny begins to turn to go to the football fields.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, doing football will keep my dad happy for a little but at least, and be careful." Johnny tells me as he turns the other way to go to tryouts. I feel bad when he mentions his dad, but I conceal it with a neutral face.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I will." I breath as I keep on walking, to go find Brynn in the parking lot. As I walk I look down at my feet, another habit of mine, as I twirl my necklace around in my hand.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As I'm strolling I think about the most random things, going into my own little world. Homework, writing, my family and my friend swirl my head.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Kenzie." An unfamiliar voice calls, breaking me out of my deep thoughts. I look up hesitantly, to be met with the striking blue eye of none other than 'the' Brandon Rowland.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀His hair is a combination of dark brown and a chestnut color in the front. It's styled in way where it kind of goes up, but rests on his forehead as well. I like Johnny's hair better honestly. He's also wearing a blue Nike shirt, black jeans and sneakers. Brandon is extremely hot and all, but I've just never thought much about him, until recently.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hi." I say nervously as he smiles at me, with his perfect white teeth. I have a feeling I know what he wants to talk to me about, and it just makes me nervous. The last time anything happened between me and a guy, it didn't end well to say the least.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You look really pretty today." He smiles and almost immediately I look down at my outfit quickly. I'm wearing a simple baby pink shirt from Forever 21, dark blue jeans, and white sneakers. My hair is straightened, and I have on light makeup, I really don't look pretty but whatever.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Uh...thank you." I answer and Brandon sticks his hand in his pockets as he looks at me confidently. He bites his lip hesitantly, but it's not like a nervous thing, he wanted me to see him do it, which makes me sort of uncomfortable.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"So I really want to talk to you but I have to get to football tryouts. I...uh...I was wondering if you want to go out with me on Friday?" Brandon asks, and my eyes slightly widen at his question. I knew this was going to happen, yet I still felt surprised, and snuck up on in a way.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Um...okay." I fake smile as the words come out of my mouth. He doesn't seem as bad of a person as everyone says, but I still don't like him like that, I just met him, and I certainly don't want to go on a date with him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Great, I'll pick you up at eight." He says with a wink as he turns away and I just nod, what did I just do?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀----------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You said yes?" Brynn practically screams at me as we walk down the sidewalk. I cringe lightly at the loud noise.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What was I supposed to say? He put me on the spot." I explain grabbing my necklace once again. That always seems to happen when I have noting to do with my hands, or I'm just really nervous.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No, your supposed to say no." She sighs dramatically, crossing her arms over her chest in a huff of breath.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You know it's partly your fault this is happening right." I tell Brynn, and she raises her eyebrows at me as if to explain.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You told Nadia about Hayden." I answer with an 'I told you so' glare and I hear Brynn say 'oh' almost too low for me to hear.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I only told her because I wanted to help you get over him and I knew she'd do something like this, I just didn't think it'd be Brandon. He's such a fuckboy Kenz." She says, making me crinkle my nose at her word choice, I don't know why I hate when people say that.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well I already said yes..." I trail off looking at my shoes as we turn down Brynn's street, which is only about a block from mine.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I wonder what Johnny's will say about it." Brynn answers shaking her head slightly, with a low chuckle that made me confused.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"He said he doesn't approve of Brandon, but it doesn't really matter." I explain as Brynn gives me an odd look, that I don't understand.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I know, but that's not really what I meant." She says in a tone that insinuates I should know what the hell shes talking about, but I don't.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Huh?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You'll know eventually...but I gotta go. Bye." Brynn waves as she steps onto her lawn and begins waking up to her large home as I'm left there dumbfounded.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The rest of my way home the words, 'you'll know eventually' consumes my thoughts, trying to figure out what they meant. My final conclusion is that Brynn is just crazy, because I seriously don't know what she was talking about.