Chapter Six

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀There's a knock on my door, and I turn my head to the source. It's almost eight, so most likely it's Brandon.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I begin walking to my front door, straightening out my shirt, and making sure my hair isn't frizzy. This is so nerve racking to me for several reasons, one being that I've never been on a real date before.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I grab the door knob and twist it, opening up the large wooden structure, to be met with the absolutely perfect blue eyes that belong to Brandon Rowland.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey." I smile shyly. I may not have a crush on Brandon, or even like him as a person, but he's still very popular and attractive, and being around him makes me nervous.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey. You look...beautiful." Brandon says as I notice him check me out. I bite the inside of my lip nervously, no boy has ever called me beautiful.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Thank you." I answer as I walk out onto my porch. Brandon begins to walk down the steps that lead to the walkway, and I follow closely behind him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My eyes lock onto his car. I'll be honest, I don't know cars, like at all. It looks extremely expensive though, like the kind of car I'll never be able that afford in my life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Where are we going?" I ask softly as we near the car. Brandon smiles at me, flashing his perfect teeth.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's a surprise." He tells me simply as he walks around to the passenger side of his car before I can get there. He opens the door for me, and I smile as I get in the car.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀---------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You can't be serious."I say my jaw dropping slightly. We just pulled up to the restaurant we're having our date at, and to say I'm surprised is an understatement.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I am." Brandon chuckles, as he takes the keys out of the ignition. He places the keys into his pocket.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"But, this place is like...really expensive." I explain with wide eyes. Brandon laughs lightly, as if what I'm saying is adorable.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You know I'm rich right?" Brandon asks and I look over at him. Well, just when I thought he was pretty good, we can cross modesty off of his list of good traits.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well...yeah." I answer kind of uncomfortable.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's not a big deal, my family comes here all the time." Brandon says causally as he opens his door. I pull the handle to my door and begin to get out as well.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I've never been here." I explain looking up at the restaurant again. It's extremely fancy, I probably should have worn something different.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh, you'll love it." Brandon winks as he walks around to meet me on the other side of the car.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀-----------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, so my sister is away at college right now, she just left in August." I tell Brandon as I take a sip of my drink. We've been here for about fifteen minutes and I'm still not accustomed to how fancy this place is.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The table is glass, and the chairs are spiny chairs, that I'm pretty sure have real gold on them. Everything in the menu probably costs more than my house. Okay, that was an exaggeration but it's extremely expensive.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh, where does she go? My older brother Hunter goes to Yale." Brandon answers as I raise my eyes brows slightly. This whole time he just keeps bringing up his family and their money, it's starting to get really weird.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"She goes to Stanford, Maddie's really smart." I explain and Brandon just nods, but I feel like he's barely listening to me. He just wants to talk about him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"My dad had to pay for Hunter to go to Yale, because he's really dumb." Brandon says, and my jaw almost drops at his words. Maddie and I fight, but I'd never talk to anyone about her like that.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh...well where do you want to go to college?" I ask just trying to keep a conversation going, because it's already awkward, we don't need awkward silence as well.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It doesn't matter, I can go anywhere, my dad will just pay for it." He says with a shrug and I nod biting my the inside of lip. This is such a weird date.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm thinking about applying to Stanford like my sister." I explain but Brandon's doesn't even look at me as I speak.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"My younger brother Ashton thinks I should go to Harvard but I didn't know. Like all he really ever thinks about is himself he's so self centered, he probably just wants me to go so that my dad will let him go too. He's even more dumb than Hunter so dad will really have to pay them off." Brandon says, and this time my jaw actually drops. Ashton is self centered, has he looked in a mirror lately? Oh right, he probably does all the time. Can this night get any worse?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀---------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Okay, well I'll see you on Monday I guess." I say to Brandon. He just drove me home, and I don't think I've ever been so excited to get away from a hot guy in my life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ill walk you up." Brandon's smirks and I mentally roll my eyes. Can he please just leave?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Okay." I answer through gritted teeth as I open up my door. I step out of the car, and close the door behind me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I had so much fun tonight." He exclaims, and I really want to just walk away. He probably only had fun because he literally just talked about himself, his money, and his family the whole time.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah." I answer simply, not wanting to imply I had that much fun, as we begin walking up the walkway that leads to my house.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It goes silent as we make our way up to my porch. I look down at my shoes, as I twirl my necklace around my fingers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"So...uh maybe we can hangout again sometime?" Brandon asks, and I'm very tempted to just scream no, but I somehow keep my cool.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Maybe." I shrug with a forced smile. If he asks me to go out again though, I'll just make up an excuse as to why I can't go.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We finally make it up to my porch, and I turn to face Brandon to say goodbye. He turns to me as well.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, bye." I say still facing him awkwardly, but suddenly Brandon leans down. Before I can even register the situation he has pressed his lips to mine, taking me surprise.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I don't kiss him back and a few seconds later he pulls away with a smirk. Does he not get that I really didn't have consent in that?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Bye." He smirks as he turns around, and begins walking down the steps of my porch. What the hell just happened?