Chapter Fourteen

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Brandon's car comes to a halt right outside my house, as I stare out the window, my vision blurry from tears. I haven't made eye contact with Brandon the whole drive, I've been the most silent I've probably ever been in my life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I wipe a tear from under my eye, as I realize I need to say goodbye to Brandon. Except I don't really want to leave, and it has nothing to do with him honestly. I just want to be around someone, because I feel like the whole world is crashing down. I may have just lost my best friend, the person who means more to me than anyone else.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey...are you okay?" Brandon asks, concern clear in his tone. I'm too distracted to try and tell if it's genuine or not. Maybe it's not actually that I'm distracted, it's more like I'm just focused on one thing, the fight replaying in my head over and over. Maybe what I actually need is a distraction.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah...I'm fine." I lie trying to keep my tone steady, still starring out the window. I want to scream and cry, but at the same time I want to crawl up in a ball and disappear.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Do you want me to walk you up?" He asks, and he does sound quite genuine. Suddenly an idea pops into my head.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Do you want to come in?" I ask turning my head to him for the first time this whole car ride. I say it quickly before I have lost the courage, or the urge to ask at all.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Uh...okay." Brandon answers me a bit confused, but he doesn't object. I don't know what I'm doing, but I can't think about Johnny for another minute.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As soon as we're inside Brandon's lips crash into mine. At first their soft, and slow. This wasn't what I was expecting, but I kiss back. This sure does take my mind off the events of tonight.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Brandon's hands grab my hips, as my arms sling around his neck pulling him closer. I think in any other situation I'd be repulsed by the idea of this, but right now I'm not thinking straight.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My hands run through his hair, as our mouth move in sync sloppily. I've never made out with anyone in my life, Brandon being my first makes me feel a little wired, but I push those thoughts out of my head.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Brandon's starts walking, causing me to have to back up, our lips never leaving each other's. Eventually I bump into the wall, and we both stop moving.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The kiss gets more heated by the moment, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not sure how I feel about Brandon being the first person I've actually kissed, because every other time has just been a little peck.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Suddenly I feel Brandon's hand begin to go lower, and I know where he's trying to put it. I pull my hand off of him, and redirect his own hand back to my hip.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I keep on kissing him though, because it's taking away the pain I was feeling so deeply. It's making me forget, about everything, and instead I'm focusing on this. Even though he's not the best kisser in the world.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Just when I thought everything was fine Brandon's hand slips up shirt, as if he wants to take it off. Immediately I pull away, without even thinking about it. I may be vulnerable right now, but even in the mental state I am in now, I wouldn't do that with him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What are you doing?" I ask snappy, as I slap his hand off of me. Brandon takes a small step back looking confused.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You have to be kidding me." He sighs as if I'm the one being unbelievable. Does he really think after us having one date together, and briefly dancing together at a dance means I'm going to have sex with him?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No I'm not, what the fuck were you doing?" I ask angrily. I've had one hell of a night, and I don't need douche bag Brandon to make it even worse. I thought this would help with the events of tonight, but I seem to always set my standards for this boy way too high.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I can't believe this, I thought Hayden said you were easy." He breaths anger clear in his voice. That's when it all clicks in my head though. Everything makes sense, and it just rips me apart even more.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"He...he said that?" I ask almost at a lost for words. Nothing but a simple, innocent little kiss was shared between Hayden and I that night, but that must have not been what he told everyone else.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah he told everyone on the football team you guys...well you know." Brandon tells me, still clearly angry. It's just like now that he's said that, everything is becoming so much more clear.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"That's the only reason you went out with me..." I whisper to myself, "you know what? Get out of my fucking house! Right now!" I demand walking over to the door practically slamming it open. Brandon's eyes widen, but he walks towards the door.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Bitch." He mumbles under his breath as he walks out the door. This just makes my blood boil a bit more.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"At least I'm not some sixteen year old fuck-boy whose peaking in high school." I yell because he's already half way down the the side walk. With that I slam the door shut.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I turn around my back hits the door hardly, as I slide down it, until I hit the floor. I pull my legs to my chest, as I lean my back against he door for support.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Tears start falling out of my eyes immediately, and suddenly I'm bawling. My mom and Tyler must be heavy sleepers because if my crying hasn't woke them up yet, I don't know what will.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I reach my hand up to grab my necklace, but I realize it's not there, which just breaks my heart even more.