Chapter 7

Kits POV

I wake up at the knock at the door. I look over at Aria and see she's still asleep, so I get up and open the door.An alcohol smelling Livvy shoves past me and into the entryway. I turn back to the door where an apologetic looking Hunter and confused Ty stand and they shrug at me.

"Listen Kit, I have fake courage for like one more hour so shhhhh cause I need to do something ," she says. "Come here."

I look inbetween the front door and Livvy and take a couple steps closer to her. She suddenly closes the space in between us and her lips smash against mine, leaving me paralyzed. She pulls away leaving the taste of alcohol in my mouth, and wipes her lips with the back of her hand.

"Yeah no definately don't like you." And with that she walks away to her room.

"What in the bloody hell?" Someone says I whip my head towards the leaving room and see Aria sitting up staring at me.

"She's drunk," I say but she shakes her head.

"Lets go Hunter." Hunter shrugs at me and follows her out the door. Shit. I sit on the couch and put my head in my hands. Ty comes and sits down next to me, carefully putting a hand on my back. I look towards him and he takes his hand away.

"I don't see why she's mad. Livvy kissed you, not the other way around. I have a reason to mad, but not at you at Livvy. She's knows that kissing you would upset me."

His words send a burst of something-hope?- through me. "Why?," I ask.

" Cause I- because you're my best friend and she's my sister."

My shoulders sink, "Oh. Well I guess I'll call her in the morning. Good night Ty."
*
*
*
In the morning I call Aria, but I goes straight to voicemail.  I head downstairs and make myself some coffee , then flop onto the couch and click on the tv to watch friends reruns.

Ty comes downstairs and goes into Livvys room with a bottle of water and aspirin . A couple minutes later I hear raised voices and I mute the tv.

"I don't care if you were drunk, that doesn't mean you kiss him!"

"Why does it matter?"

"You know why."

" Ty, it doesn't matter, I don't like him. I was drunk!"

Suddenly a pissed off Ty, comes out of the room and rushes up the stairs.
Livvy casually walks out and leans against her door frame. "You know, you should probably call your girlfriend if want to still have one."
She says scanning the room, " ooooh coffee."

Knowing she's right, I groan and grab my phone. Dialing Arias number I to up the stairs into my room and shut the door. I call her three times before she finally picks up. "What Kit?"

'Hey, listen can you please let me explain what happened, come over later. Please Aria. "

"Fine I'll be there at 3." She says and hangs up the phone.
************************************
Aria's POV
I don't speak to Hunter on the way back to the institute, I have to make him believe I'm upset. In a way I am. Why wouldn't he pull away? Why kiss the bitch. I'm prettier than her and a better shadowhunter. I shouldn't care though, I'm not supposed to like him just date him. Marry into the Herondale lineage so my dad can  get an institute of his own and eventually become Inquistor. And why shouldn't get to have some fun while he's at it after all the Herondale boy is far from ugly. I don't know exactly how he plans on doing that but I don't need to. I just need to get my part right.

Knowing he would call I turn off my phone so it goes straight to voicemail. I get another call around one and this time I pick up. "Hey listen can you please let me explain what happened, come over later. Please Aria."

I smirk knowing he believes I'm mad. "Fine I'll be there at three." I tell him and hang up. While I'm over there I can get Livvy to back off. Nothing can ruin my dads plan or he'll ruin me.

At 2:50 I show up at the house and knock on the door. Livvy answers, her hair  in  annoyingly perfect braids. "He's in his room," she says avoiding eye contact with me.  I step past her  into the kitchen and turn back towards her.

"Thats alright I wanted to talk to you first. I need you to understand Livvy that Kit is my boyfriend not yours, so lets not have whatever happened yesterday happen again." She nods and I smile turning to head upstairs but her voice stops me.

" "Your up to something Rosemark and I'm gonna figure it out. Throwing yourself at Kit and forcing the girlfriend thing on him. "
I feel my fists clench and I turn around,slapping her hard across the face. "You know when I first met you I thought you'd be bitch. I just didn't know you'd be such a good one." She says holding her cheek.

I ignore her and head upstairs to Kits room. I knock on his door and step inside. Upon seeing me he quickly stands up, "Hi," he says.

"Hey."

"Listen Aria, Livvy was drunk and I was to shocked to pull away. It didn't mean anything and you heard her yourself. She doesn't like me.I'm really so-"

I cut him off, tired of hearing him apologize for something I'm not even mad about. "I forgive you. It wasn't your fault."

"Really?" I nod and hug him quickly.

"Well I have to go," I lie, "training but I'll see you later."
************************************
Kits POV
I head downstairs to find Ty applying a iratz to Livvys bruising cheeck. "What happened?"

I except Livvy to answer but its Ty who replies instead, "Your bitchy girlfriend happened that's what." My eyes glance back and forth between them, stunned.  "You should really get your life together. Being forced into a relationship with her, god Kit." He shakes his head and goes upstairs.

Livvy shrugs, "He's not wrong." She follows Ty upstairs and leaves me alone to figure out what's been happening.
************************************
AN

Hey Im still living. Sorry I haven't been updating I'll try to get the next chapter up quickly. Thanks for reading! 💕