Equestria Girls Fanfiction: Part 1 and Part 2

Equestria Girls Fanfiction Part 1

Equestria Girls Fanfiction Part 2

Written by: JemCatMaybeDreaming , readergirl_84 and flowerfrommybones

Part 1: Rarity joins a new school, and has to adjust to what it's like there. There are secrets being kept and people who don't care about anyone other than themselves. Sound cliche? Well, I don't want to give away the twists, do I? What is Rarity hiding? What's going on with Twilight? But most importantly, will everyone get along?

I'll be honest, I'm basing this on what I remember because it was a little while ago since I read it. Anyway, most Equestria Girls fanfiction has Twilight being the new student. But what I like about this, is that it starts off with Rarity. And I'm going to talk about her quite a bit. Given Rarity's obsession with clothes, and fashion in the show, I really like what you did with her, giving her something that most models (I think) have. I like how she is trying to hide her talents, and I also like how you wrote her problem (trying not to give anything away here). I like the other characters, but some I feel were a bit under-developed. There were some good cameos, and I'd like to see them again in the third one (but, of course, that's up to the writers).

The plot was good. Like I said, I can't remember the book that well. I like how the songs were put in. Some of the chapters were a bit to short, but overall, it was a good plot.

TL;DR:

Characters: 8/10

Grammar: I can't remember... I'll give it a 9/10

Plot: 8/10. (It sometimes feels a bit flat, looking back on what I remember)

Part 2: Now that the main characters have graduated, they have been invited to stay at a summer camp. More specifically, the one AppleJack went to as a child. When they arrive, everything seems to be going well. Then Rara comes. After an unfortunate encounter with one of the other cabins, Purple Cabin, apart from one of my favourite things about this book, comes the untrust and dislike of Rara. But the cabins must put their differences aside, as a cabin wide competition comes. Will our main characters be able to work together? Or will they fall?

(Well, that was a terrible way to end that summary.)

Anyway, out of the two books I'm reviewing today, this is my favourite. But out of the three books, this is my second favourite (the third one being my favourite). It is well written and has a more solid plot than the last one. 

There isn't as much character development in this one, with the exception of Rara, Fluttershy and Rarity, the last two being near the end. Pinkie Pie's backstory is built on a little bit more too.

In terms of plot, I really enjoyed the two wars. The twist, I was not really expecting, because writers usually have the main characters win, so the Mane 6/7 not coming first was nice. 

TL;DR:

Characters: 9/10

Grammar: 9/10

Plot: 9/10.

I loved both books, and can't wait to for the rest of Part 3 to be written :) Quick question if the writers are reading this, when will we get something from Pinkie Pie's PoV? I'm also very sorry this review came out so late, I 've just been very busy, and a bit lazy. And for the short review, I am bit tired :(

Anyway, if you're a fan of MLP, then I highly recommend these two books and the third one. If you do decide to read them, I hope you enjoy the series as much I do :)