Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Thor: Ragnarok

Directed by: Taika Waititi

Genre/s: Fantasy/Science fiction 

Imprisoned on the other side of the universe, the mighty Thor finds himself in a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against the Hulk, his former ally and fellow Avenger. Thor's quest for survival leads him in a race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home world and the Asgardian civilization.  

I really wasn't planning on seeing this film in cinemas, but I did. And... I wished I had watched Justice League again (but I can't figure out why). Maybe it was because my eyes didn't hurt so much after leaving the cinema.

The characters were fine, and Cate Blanchett does a fine job portraying Hela. The only problem is, is that she isn't on much. It was like "Oh yeah! That's right; We've got to remind our audience who the villain is". However, when she is on screen, Hela is awesome (and yes, I did think of putting a pun there, but I didn't want to). But yet again, another forgettable Marvel villain, but more memorable than most.  

Valkyrie was fine, however, it did feel like she was just thrown in for the sake of having a female character. Though, on the Trash Planet, she's fine... I just have a problem with her character in the 3rd act.

Moving on, the humour was good but a little too excessive. There was one particular part with Hulk in Asgard which was a little unnecessary. And something that was a bit surprising was... You could actually hear the music for the fight scenes! But of course, they leave the best music for the credits. 

The pacing was good. The ending... Well, THANK YOU FOR STAYING TRUE TO THE COMICS AND MYTHOLOGY BY ACTUALLY DOING RAGNAROK. 

I don't usually talk about plot holes or plot conveniences in my reviews because I want to keep them as spoiler-free as possible, but, I find it super convenient that Thor just happens to find Surtur to collect his head/helmet/thing, with no real explanation on how he got there. Or maybe it was because I haven't watched Thor: The Dark World or Avengers: Age of Ultron. Also, does Surtur remind anyone of Steppenwolf? Or is that just me?

TL; DR:

Characters: 8/10

Pacing: 8/10

Music: 10/10

Humour: 8/10

Overall: 7/10. Like I said, I don't know why I didn't enjoy this movie that much, however, it was OK. Don't bother waiting for the post-credit scene, as that has nothing important to future movies. (I mean, it might, but eh. You don't have to see it).