In 27 Days

In 27 Days 

Written by: HonorInTheRain 

Hadley Jamison doesn't know what to think when she hears that her classmate, Archer Morales, committed suicide. She didn't exactly know him, but that doesn't stop her from feeling like there was something she could have done to help him. So to Hadley's surprise, on the very night of Archer's funeral, she has a run in with Death himself and is offered the chance to go back in time to stop Archer from ending his life. The catch? She only has twenty-seven days to do it. And if Hadley doesn't succeed? Well, she doesn't want to think about that.

Now, before I start this review, I'm basing this on the published version, but I'm guessing that the Wattpad and published version are pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, this book is a great book! The premise, plot and characters are amazing!

Hadley Jamison, one of the main characters, is a high school student and is shocked when she hears that Archer committed suicide. She goes back in time to save him, and this is the base of her character- She is willing to help anyone, no matter who they are. It shown many times in the book. She has problems with her parents, and finds that Archer's family is better. One of the things I like about Hadley, and any character, is her flaws. (I find it kinda ironic how I'm listening to a song called "Flawless" :D.) Hadley doesn't automatically know how she's going to help Archer, but it's the side characters that tell her that she is helping. 

Archer, the second main character, is the reason this story happens. He doesn't know (not until the sequel anyway,) that Hadley has come to save his life. He tries pushing Hadley away at first, because he thinks that she is just there to annoy him. Since the book is entirely in Hadley's PoV, we see what he is like through her eyes. Anyway, it takes along time for Archer to open up, and one or two moments come by accident. Archer and his mother were traumatised by an incident in the past, but this never goes away. I like aspect, that maybe not everything can be cured.

In terms of plot, I have never seen a book like this. Sure, there is a bit of a romantic relationship between Hadley and Archer, but it helps Hadley save Archer, and makes Archer realise that he doesn't have to be alone all the time. 

I find the most heart-warming moments are when Hadley receives comments that she is really helping Archer. Before the halfway mark (I think), one message is given to us: "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." (John 15:13). Apart from being very true in the real world, this is one of the underlining things that this book is based on.

TL:DR:

Characters: 10/10

Grammar: 9/10 

Plot: 10/10

Message: 10/10

Overall: 10/10. One of my favourite books, definitely a must-read. It is a Watty winner, and is published, so that must mean it is a good book :D