Out of Time

Out of Time

Written by: -florianraven

A tale of loss, fractured bonds, newfound friendships, and action-packed battles, Out of Time is a fresh Marvel fanfiction for all lovers of superheroes.
What do you get when you cross a sarcastic redhead with a master time traveller? Me. My name is Andi. Just Andi. That's all you need to know. I've walked the earth for hundreds of thousands of years. I've seen much and loved many. I've held many names and I've walked hand in hand with historical leaders and pioneers of greatness.
But here's the thing: there's a threat roaming the fabrics of time, and I'm the only one who knows about him. And, as much as I hate to admit it, I need help. An extraordinary problem calls for extraordinary help. So I've got one question for you: what would you do if you had the power to control time at your fingertips?

I would write about the other books in the series, but I don't have much time, but I will quickly go over the others at the end. 

Andi is one of my favourite fictional characters, especially on Wattpad. She has amazing powers and over the course of the series, Andi's character growth is really good. In the first part of the book/the First Avenger, we are shown how dedicated Andi has towards her job/the task at hand.

I really like how all of the characters from the MCU aren't OOC. And, although he isn't in the book for very long, Eilian is one of my favourite characters (who I kinda lowkey ship with Andi). 

Anyway, moving on, the pacing of this book is great. It's not rushing to get to the big fight/climax, but when it does, it's written really well. When describing the power that Andi chooses to use, it's quite quick, so it doesn't take away from the action. In the second book, learning about Andi's past was extremely well done and didn't feel out of place. I also like how there are some chapters dedicated to what Andi's life was like before meeting the Avengers and what led her to disliking/distrusting Eilian. It's also an interesting way of showing how Andi lived in that time. 

One question I do have is, why doesn't Andi travel to the future too - at the very least know - what happens and if they are successful? Or does she decide not to do it? (I know it's based on Doctor Who a little so that might explain it. Or not.)

Anyway, I like the how when changing POV, you use the pictures, although if your reading it offline, can make the story a little bit confusing. However, that isn't too much of a problem. 

One thing I especially like about this series and book is that, although their relationship doesn't start immediately, it grows over time and it's so satisfying when Steve and Andi FINALLY get together. But another thing that makes it great? THEY DON'T GET TOGETHER IN THE FIRST BOOK. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Like I said at the start, I would quickly go over the other books:

When Time Collides: My favourite book in the series, with OoT coming in a close second. It works so well and has some of my favourite moments and fight scenes.

The Path of Time: Great standalone book. The climax/fight against Eon was epic and very interesting how, although they lied to everyone, the Time Leaders pitched in (trying to not give away any spoilers here). 

Fall of the Mighty: Admittedly, I have been a bit lazy and not been reading this, so I can only really comment on the first few chapters. Anyhow, those chapters are great and pull the reader in fast. But, like with TPoT, it's best if the rest of the series is read first. And, another question, will you be tying IW with it (when it comes out)?

TL;DR:

Characters: 10/10

Grammar: 10/10 (Can't remember finding any mistakes)

Pacing: 9/10

OC's powers: 10/10

Overall: 10/10. Marvel fans (and even people who aren't familiar with the MCU) will enjoy this. It's the only MCU series and book I can stand because it doesn't solely rely on the universe it's set in. There's a separate storyline that is so important to Andi's character, that other MCU stories don't have. Also, forget the trash called After - This is the stuff that needs to be published and turned into a movie.