Black Panther (2018)

Black Panther

Director: Ryan Coogler 

Genre/s: Fantasy/Science fiction 

After the death of his father, T'Challa returns home to the African nation of Wakanda to take his rightful place as king. When a powerful enemy suddenly reappears, T'Challa's mettle as king -- and as Black Panther -- gets tested when he's drawn into a conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people.  

Hey, look! I've just spotted a movie that probably deserves a place on the Top 5 Best Marvel Movies list!( maybe it'd be fifth or sixth, but that might be because I haven't watched all the MCU movies).

Anyway, Black Panther was a pretty good movie. The three main characters/leads (BP, Nakia and Okoye) where probably the best parts about this movie, which the antagonist coming in close second. And other than Phil Col... ahem, Everett Ross, the rest of the characters were kinda useless.

In case your wondering, there were only about five action scenes, with the first one being near-pointless. The car chase was the best but also as one of my complaints: Is it possible for Hollywood to do car chases WITHOUT destroying the cars? The final fight was... alright. I mean, someone died (I think...?) but I have no idea which character it was. 

Music was pretty good, but once again, Marvel suffers the fate of Not Powerful Enough Music, Especially In Action Scenes. I think I've said this in another review, but Marvel really should hire someone like Hans Zimmer to do their music because, without good music, scenes just aren't that good (unless done rightly). 

Can't decide on whether or not the CGI was good or decent but when it suddenly changes from a dark setting to a bright setting, in a dark cinema, hurts your eyes. 

Really nice set pieces and costumes.    

And thinking over the movie (and thanks to IMDb), there are some pointless scenes. For example, the museum scene. They go in there to steal a staff (?) and helmet for... what? The helmet is used once, and the staff, I don't think, is used at all.

And one action/fight scene loses all meaning if you know which characters are in Infinity War (which actually spoiled said scene).

TL; DR

Overall: 7/10. A pretty good movie, but hopefully it doesn't suffer the same fate as Wonder Woman--good movie, but hype and other stuff killed it.

19/04/2018 update: In my opinion, it did suffer the same fate as Wonder Woman :(