Chapter Nine:

Cassidy was telling Amy all her thoughts about Rocky and how she couldn’t believe this was really happening to her. She was truly in love and this was the first time Amy saw her genuinely happy. Cassidy was going on about Rocky’s eyes and smile and how she never wanted to leave here. Amy reminded her there was still 2 months to be with these boys. Cassidy blew Amy’s comment off and kept going about how she thinks he’s the love of her life. Amy fell asleep re-reading her and Ross’ texts. Right when Amy was in a deep sleep Cassidy threw a pillow at her face waking her up. Cassidy was panicked and worried.

“There’s someone knocking on the window” Cassidy said panicked. Amy laughed because we were on the second floor of Aunt Heather’s house. “I’m sure there was someone knocking on the window” Cassidy said trying to persuade Amy.

“If you’re so sure why don’t we open the window and check” Amy said annoyed since she was tired. Cassidy declined so Amy walked over to the window and yelled out the window. “IS THERE ANYONE THERE?” there was no answer, “See, there’s no one there Cass-“

“Hello gorgeous. I couldn’t sleep without knowing you weren’t just a figment of my imagination” Cassidy turned around knowing whose voice it was. It was Rocky at the window. “How’d you get up there?” Cassidy replied while smiling. “Well, I’m a pro tree climber. It’s one of my skills.” Rocky said smirking.

“Okay. Okay. We get it you guys are so cute it makes me want to puke, can we go to bed now?” Amy said annoyed.

“Well Ross is out here too.” Rocky said. Amy immediately perked up.

“ROCKY, GET OUT OF MY WAY!” Ross loudly whispered from behind him. They asked the boys to be quiet so Cassidy’s aunt wouldn’t catch them and went back to their beds. The boys protested that the girls were leaving, and climbed into the window. Rocky crawled next to Cassidy and started to kiss her neck. “Don’t be silly wrap your willy” Ross said.

“Wait a sec, why don’t we get out of here?” Amy said, right as Ross went in for a kiss on the cheek. Ross knew just where to go. He climbed out the window and on to the tree and helped Amy out. Ross led her down the tree and to the base of the tree.

“So where are we going” Amy asked curiously.

“It’s a surprise but trust me it’ll be perfect!” Ross exclaimed. Ross and Amy walked a block until Ross went around Amy and covered her eyes with his hands. Amy warned Ross “Are you sure you want to cover my eyes? I’m the clumsiest person in the world” Ross encouraged Amy “You can trust me sweetie I won’t let anything happen to you”

     When the boys uncovered the girls’ eyes, they found themselves in the middle of a field with a blanket laid down under an ancient willow tree. The girls’ eyes lit up at the sight of such a simple, yet romantic setting. After staring in awe for a few seconds, they realised that it was freezing and they could see their own breathe. Rocky and Ross took off their huge hoodies, pulling up their t-shirts along with it(exposing their perfect stomaches) gave them to their dates.

    After wrapping themselves up in Rocky and Ross’ hoodies, Cassidy and Amy went and sat down on the blanket and just smiled at each other. “OH MY GOOOODDDDD,” Cassidy mouthed to Amy while the boys weren’t looking. Amy just put her hands on her chest and fell back with a huge smile on her face. When Rocky and Ross finally sat down on the blanket, they pulled the un-expecting girls into their laps by lifting them up by their waists and pulling them backwards. Cassidy made a little squealing noise, but Rocky thought it was just adorable.

     Cassidy blinked her eyes a few times in the blinding sunlight. After a minute of adjusting her eyes, it actually occurred to her that they had fallen asleep in the field and left aunt Heather at home. Cassidy silently shook Amy awake and they slipped out of the boys’ arms. Rocky and Ross looked so cute and peaceful, that the girls didn’t want to wake them, so they stripped off their sweaters, laid the over sized sweaters on top of the boys like blankets and booked it home, praying that Cassidy’s aunt wasn’t already awake.