Chapter Twelve:

Cassidy and Amy stood there in front of the boys, speechless. They had no idea this was coming. Ross and Rocky smirked at each other behind them. Rocky then walked up behind Cassidy who was speechless and put his hands on her waist and guided her to their blanket. She sat down beside Rocky who put his arm around her.

“Rocky, I can’t believe you guys put this together for us” Cassidy said still trying to process what was done for her.

“I really care about you Cassidy, and I know we’ve only known each other for a couple days but I feel like I’ve known you forever. You’re the sweetest girl I have ever met and I don’t go a minute without thinking about you… I know I’m rambling it’s just… do you think… you would officially be my girlfriend?” Rocky asked this with a pleading smile. Cassidy saw it in his face how nervous he was. Without hesitation Cassidy looked into Rocky’s eyes and replied “Yes.”.

“Well look at the happy couple” Amy jokingly said from her blanket.

“You’re just jealous because you’ve never had a boyfriend before” Cassidy replied sharply. Amy went quiet. This was a topic she thought she could trust Cassidy with, it was clear that Amy didn’t want Ross to know that she has never had a boyfriend before. Cassidy saw the anger in Amy eyes and immediately felt remorse. “I didn’t mean it Amy, I was just joking around, I forgot, I am so sorry.”

Amy laughed it off trying to break the awkward tension in the air. “It’s okay; we all know I’m the definition of forever alone”. Cassidy smiled at Amy and then went back to cuddling with Rocky.

“Was she serious? You’ve never had a boyfriend before?” Ross asked. Amy just nodded. “Well that’s weird seeing how pretty you are. What was it? Were they not good enough for you?” Ross said jokingly.

“I was just waiting for a Lynch, I guess.” Amy said sarcastically, nudging Ross. Ross laughed and spoke up so Cassidy and Rocky could hear him too. “Shall we start the movie?” He requested. “What movie are we watching?” Amy asked.

“Well we have P.s. I love you, Hangover, and Romeo and Juliet. The last one was Ross’ pick”. Rocky answered. “ROMEO AND JULIET” Ross exclaimed. “I wouldn’t mind watching Romeo and Juliet…” Cassidy agreed. Rocky rolled his eyes, walked up to the DVD player that was attached to the projector and pressed play.

“Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I never saw true beauty till this night." Ross quoted the movie while staring into Amy’s eyes. Amy’s heart melted as he said this.