°•°Chapter 1°•°

"Sometimes, it's just great to bring new people into the mix."

--John Oates

Reese's POV

I groan as I feel the rays of sun burning my skin through the window with my eyes still closed.

"Good morning stranger," my eyes open alarmed at the feminine voice taking me back to last night's events. Shit, I actually ended up having a one night stand because of Ray. In all honesty, I haven't fucked a girl in a year now and well hell I don't even remember what happened between this stranger and me last night. Great just fucking great.

Sitting up I scan the room to the find a blonde staring at me with her blue eyes and wearing my shirt that went down to her thighs. She looked beautiful but just not my kind of person. Too much of makeup still on her face in a messy way. I get off the bed to realize my boxers are still on and sigh in relief as I find my pair of jeans before walking towards them.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember what happened last night," I tell her honestly putting my pants on with a tinge of guilt lacing in my voice.

"Nothing happened. You told me you weren't interested in having a one night stand before passing out. We just made out that's it," she states with an amused expression but a smile dances on her lips.

"But my shirt-"

"I just wore it when I woke up and don't worry I'm not naked under it," she giggles at her statement-making me smile. Seems like the stranger isn't all that bad and I'm thankful that nothing happened.

"I'm Sara,"

"Reese,"

I extend my hand with a smile while she returns it with a huge smile plastered across her face. "Maybe we can be friends Reese. It's rare to find a guy like you,"

"Sure but I guess its best I get out of your suite first. Maybe we can talk over some coffee, what do you say?" I ask her feeling awkward.

"Yeah, of course, I'll just give you your shirt and you can go sit in the cafe downstairs,"

"Umm, I'll wait in the living room I guess?"

"Sure that sounds just fine," I flash her a smile before walking out into the living room of the luxurious suite. Well seems like Sara is just here for a few days since she's staying in a hotel. She seemed pretty cool about everything and I feel so relieved about it.

I've got no problem with sex but I'm just not a person for meaningless sex. I had my own share of one night stands before it all ended with one girl, Millie. It all started with a drunken one night stand but then it turned into something more and lively. We thought we could be friends but that would be the wrong term to use when we were sexually tangled in each other's lives. So then it was friends with benefits but sometimes life's just got another plan for you where things could take the wrong turn or the right to change your future into good or bad. For me, it was a wrong turn and for bad.

It's strange how love enters your life even when you don't believe in it. I had enough experiences for why I stopped believing that love existed. Who knew I would fall so hard for Millie that I couldn't see the real person behind that beautiful facade she put up every day for three years and who knew a guy like me would go so blind in love to see that I was just being stupid.

"Here you go," Sara's voice breaks me out of my thoughts as she throws my shirt towards me and I catch it in time before pulling it on. I look at her all dressed up formally with makeup on and in a grey trouser topped with a peach color shirt.

Okay now, this really isn't my scene.

"Let's go, shall we?"

"Uh yeah yeah sure. I've just got to find my phone,"

"Oh right, it's on the nightstand. I'll get it for you," with that she disappears back into the bedroom to get my phone and is back in a jiffy.

"I'll follow you out," I nod taking my phone and start walking out with her right behind me as I start going through my phone and see two missed calls of mum and four of Ray. I sigh looking at the time. 10:45 am. With so many errands to run on a Sunday, I just ended up waking up late to a stranger wearing my shirt. Of course, Ray had to do something on his trip here. Always trying to get me over Millie.

I've got to go check on dad at the hospital today and I'm already late. He had a major heart attack a week ago and I've been trying to earn enough to pay his hospital bills despite our bakery that my mom takes care of. He's being discharged today which is a relief because he hates hospitals.

"Earth to Reese," Sara's fingers snap in front of me bringing me back to reality.

"Uh sorry sorry, I just kind of zoned out,"

"No, it's okay. I was just saying that the cafe is on your right," I nod clearing my head of my thoughts and step into the cafe holding the door open for Sara first. The strong smell of coffee hits my nostrils making me feel all fresh. I guess coffee is just what I need right now.

We take a seat at the table next to the window right opposite to each other while the waiter comes around to take our order. "Good morning, I'm Adam. Are you guys ready to give your order?"

"I'll have a latte and uh Reese what would you want to have?"

"An Espresso please?"

"Sure. I'll get your order shortly," with that he leaves us both alone once again.

Sara decides on breaking the awkward silence, "so where do you work?"

"I work as a contract based photographer and graphic designer,"

"So an entrepreneur?"

"Yeah. What about you?"

"I own my own interior designing firm," no wonder she looks all sophisticated.

"So seeing that you live in a hotel, I don't think you belong here. Where are you from?" I'm just literally throwing her a questionnaire but it's not like I'm the only one asking questions, right?

"I'm here to meet a client for my upcoming project here. I'm from New York,"

"Oh sounds-" I soon get cut off by the waiter who gets our coffees.

"Here's your order,"

"Thank you," Sara says before returning her attention to me.

"So do you reside here?"

"Yeah I've been in Nashville since I was five," my thoughts go down my memory lane through those happy days once again which just no longer last.

I look at the time on my phone and decide it's time for me to leave as I empty my cup of Espresso, "I've got some errands to run so I better leave now,"

Sara stands up nodding with me and I pay the bill before heading out with her. "It was nice meeting you I guess,"

I say running a hand through my hair and Sara surprises me by getting closer as she presses her lips against mine giving me a quick peck. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Reese,"

She winks making a small unsure smile dance on my lips at her goodbye gesture. This girl is something though.

"Goodbye then?" I put it like a question because I'm not sure if it'd sound rude if I just say goodbye.

She grins before replying to my question, "Maybe not and I almost forgot to tell you that you gained a contact on your phone."

~•~•~•