°•°Chapter 23°•°

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."

William Shakespeare.

Reese's POV.

With Irene flushed against my body, holding her protectively with both my arms around her, we continue to dance. This is not how I expected my Sunday to go, yesterday we spent the time at my parents' place then went back home late and exhausted. Today, Ray and Ty both decided we go out to a club out of all places even when they knew we still aren't safe from Alex.

Ty convinced Irene after Ray finally decided to make amends with Ty. So it was one hell of a surprise when both of them knocked on our door this afternoon before dragging us out of the apartment, "Reese, stop stressing out," I feel Irene's hand on my cheek forcing me to look at her.

Somehow, she managed to look all ready for the party with just a pair of jeans and crop top on, don't girls usually take extra care for dressing up to a party? Honestly, I'm not complaining, if anything I'm lucky to have a girlfriend who doesn't go overboard with dressing up, "I'm not stressing out, I'm enjoying with you in my arms,"

I lean down to kiss her while our bodies still grind against each other to the music, tucking her hair behind her ear, I continue kissing her with my eyes open still on the lookout for any possible signs of Alex around, "You said you weren't stressing out?"

Irene's voice is barely a whisper against my lips, "I just want us to be home in bed instead of this overcrowded party,"

I could feel her heart thump against mine as she looked in another direction, "What is it?"

Following the direction of her gaze I find a man in a black suit facing away from us, "Nothing, I just thought that was him," Irene says shaking her head and shifting her gaze on to me.

"Maybe we should leave now," I suggest as she holds onto me with her head against my chest. "No no, don't disappoint Ty and Ray, I'll be fine and I'm just overreacting because of the crowd is all. Let's get something to drink?" she tries convincing me with a forceful smile on her face.

Looking over to Ty, I just show him the bar indicating that we'll be there, "Fine one drink and nothing more. We'll leave in half an hour," I pull her through the crowd on the dance floor as I hear her sigh but her arm is holding mine for dear life.

This can't be good, if it was Alex and we missed it, I'm going to kill both Ray and Ty for getting here in the first place. Sitting down on the bar stools, I order drinks for me and Irene while I could feel her hand still shaking, "Irene,"

I pull her into a kiss in an attempt to calm her nerves down and it worked, she kisses me back with a gentle smile, "Hey!"

We break the kiss as we hear someone interrupt but if I didn't know better, it's a blast from the past. "Hey..." Irene greets her awkwardly still not knowing who she is.

Rolling my eyes in frustration I finally speak but not directly to Millie, "Irene that's Millie," her eyes widen in realization while Mason joins her from behind.

"Oh hey!" he greets us with a smile while lovingly kissing Millie on her cheek, poor guy. "Hey, you both,"

I greet them almost totally uninterested but again, he's my cousin, "This is my girlfriend, Irene," introducing Irene I could see how uncomfortable she got under Millie's gaze.

"I'm sorry but we've got somewhere to be," excusing ourselves, I drag an awkward Irene out of there leaving our drinks unattended. As rude as it seemed, it's been years since I met either Mason or Millie and I don't think Irene deserves to go through that awkwardness. Also, I don't think I could hold my laughter anymore either cause Mason was a money-minded jerk and Millie was no different but he knew that Millie was cheating on him with me but still ended up marrying her. Why? Cause he didn't want the benefit of marrying her which is being a partner of her dad's company get out of his hand.

A laugh rumbles its way out me as we both end up in a corner and Irene gives me a surprised look before smacking my arm, "Why did you have to be so rude?"

"Oh trust me, as lovely as they seem to be, they aren't nice people love," she smiles as to pull her close, "Well I think I know that? You told me too remember?"

"Yeah but you seem to somehow think that they still deserve decency?"

"You're right they don't deserve being nice to," she gives in before letting out a small laugh along with me. "I'll be right back, I need to use the washroom,"

She says pulling back and looking in the direction of the washroom, "I'll accompany you till the outside, wouldn't want my girl getting lost," I say trying to make my concern go unnoticed as we walked towards the washrooms.

Leaving me behind near the bar, she walks into the washroom. Still not convinced that it's safe here, Alex is fucking unpredictable after all. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I take it out to see an unknown number, who the hell would be calling me at 11 in the night?

Ignoring my phone I look at Irene who's finally back and let out the breath I didn't know I was holding, "Want to get some fresh air?"

I ask her since I need to check who called as well, "Yes, please," she says with a smile before we head out with my arm wrapped around her protectively. Once again Ty notices us walking out but Ray is nowhere to be seen, he's probably busy with someone nightstand.

"This feels so much better," Irene says once we finally make it out and take a breath of fresh air. "Yup and I need to make a phone call, I've got no idea who'd call at this time,"

I inform her as I quickly dial the number while Irene takes a seat on the curb of the walkway, "Hello,"

"Hey Reese, it's me, Rob," quickly looking at Irene who's preoccupied with thoughts, I walk a little farther to talk so that she doesn't panic just hearing my end of the conversation.

"Rob, what is it?"

"Alex might be here in LA right now, I'm not sure about it but there's a high chance that he's there," told you, nothing about Alex accepting the restraining order seemed fine.

"Okay, I'll watch out and let you know if we find anything suspicious," thanking him, I drop the call before turning around to find Irene nowhere.

"Irene?" I call out looking at the parking lot as panic rises and my phone quickly buzzes with the SOS alarm that we installed in Irene's phone. Oh no no, this can't be happening.

Hearing a muffled scream, I slowly walk towards the parking while quickly messaging Ty,

Parking, NOW!

Noticing Irene's converse, I step closer with my head ducked down as I hear another voice, "Get her in, quick!"

Its Alex, that fucking bastard.

~•~•~•