°•°Chapter 18°•°

"Have you ever seen the stars in the night? See them closely, they will tell you, how to be open, how to love, and how to shine and twinkle without any differences and jealousy of other stars."

Santosh Kalwar.

Irene's POV.

"You already did a mistake running away from me and now look you even dragged your poor boyfriend into this," With his gun piercing into my waist, Alex whispers into my ear as I look at Reese who's held down by his men. Reese's eyes never leaving mine begging me not to trade myself for him.

"Take me, l-let him go," I beg with my voice cracking. I can't let Reese take the fall, I love him and he deserves much more than getting killed by Alex. "Oh my sweet Irene. So innocent and always caring for people,"

Alex kisses my neck making me clench my fists and making Reese angry too as he tries to break free from those guys, "You and that stupid ass of your boyfriend have tortured me enough so its time for both of you to pay for it,"

Alex grabs my hands and forces the gun into my hand before guiding it to face Reese, "N-no no please don't do this," I beg him as I try to free my hands from his. I look at Reese who's holding a stern unreadable expression, staring at Alex. My heart beating probably hard enough for even Reese to hear it. I can't let this happen.

I can't fucking let this happen.

~•~•~•

My eyes jerk open with tears and Reese's face comes into view as he shook me awake, "Oh my god Reese," I pull him into a hug. "It's going to be okay," his hand runs over my back gently trying to calm me down as my tears continue running down my face. The worst fucking dream.

He kisses my forehead pulling away and taking my face into his hands, "What was the dream about? Want to talk about it?" his hands caress the sides of my face as I just shake my head, 'no' before getting back into his embrace. He holds me close, lying still next to me as I calm my crying down. I've told him about all my nightmares every single time but this, it feels too much to even think about it again.

The option of me going back to Alex doesn't stand anymore because now he's already on the hunt for Reese as well and for once, I chose to stay instead of letting down Reese.

"What time is it?" I ask Reese once my breathing steadies.

"About two am I think, you've just been asleep for an hour,"

"I'm sorry I woke you up," I apologize kissing his cheek.

"You didn't wake me up silly, I just couldn't sleep so just continued watching the movie," he pulls me into a kiss still wrapped up in his warm embrace. We just decided to sleep in the living room so just on the floor with a comforter below and snuggled into the arms of the person I love the most.

My hands rest on his chest as we continue our kiss as Reese makes me forget the disturbing dream, he tucks my hair behind my ear before breaking the kiss and resting his forehead against mine. Our perfect little bubble that I could live in all my life.

"So want to talk it out?" he asks me again noticing me deep in thought. I finally give in with a nod before bracing myself for another probable set of fresh tears.

~•~•~•

Walking out of the shower, I notice the empty room with Reese t-shirt left out on the bed for me. A smile makes its way to my face as I realize he left it for me with a note in his shabby handwriting.