°•°Chapter 27°•°

"There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart."

-Jane Austen.

Reese's POV.

"Surprise!" Mia squeals in excitement as Ray and Ty move away to show Irene her surprise.

"Damn, Mia!" Irene squeals making my ears hurt, okay I'm exaggerating but she was loud but I think it's all worth it. She's fully recovered and happy. Its been two more weeks already and everyone decided its time to finally celebrate the whole Alex out of lives thing. Ty made time to get back to L.A while Ray stayed back due to some work.

Well apart from all that the bigger surprise is that, my parent's arranged this whole thing. It was their idea and well, I never thought dad will be so thoughtful about Irene but it seems like he's warming up to her too now. Maybe telling them the truth made things easier.

"I see you've got to meet your surprise," mom walks in behind Irene before giving her a huge smile and pulling her into a hug. Damn, everyone gets to hug her but if I do it, they complain.

You've had her all to your self the whole week idiot.

But oh well, no time is ever enough with her, "Thanks mom, this whole get together wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you,"

I thank mom as she settles down on the sofa next to me, somehow we managed to make this perfect set up in the back yard. It holds the best memories of my childhood and is now a place for many more new memories we're trying to create.

"I think you guys deserved this break and Irene, I don't think anyone else would've made me this sure to be your partner," I smile draping an arm on my mom's shoulder as she lovingly holds my hand. I don't even remember the last time my mom and I had a conversation this peaceful. We were so busy dealing with Addy's death for a few years and dad's deteriorating health that we didn't really find ourselves spending time with each other.

Now that dad's better and mom accepted Addy's death she saw things better. Maybe Irene is my lucky charm indeed, "I'll just drag dad out before he gets too engrossed in the soccer match,"

Mom walks away with a smile dancing on her lips while Irene makes her way to me, "Did you meet Leah and Lucas?"

Irene asks me about Ty's girlfriend and Mia's boyfriend, "I did love, just give your boyfriend some attention too please?"

I give her the best sweet face I could which probably turned out with me looking like a grown-up who's trying to scare kids away, "Don't ever try that face around kids, you'll scare them away," see! I knew it!

Irene laughs before sitting down next to me before pulling me into a kiss, wrapping my arm around her I pull her close kissing her back. Just having her in my arms comforted me enough to forget any worry, "This is all...just perfect,"

She says looking at my face, "You complete everything cupcake," I kiss her forehead as we both relax next to each other with her head resting on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Reese, for everything,"

"No, thank you for being my lucky charm,"

"Lucky charm?" I just nod with a smile while she kisses my cheek, "Come on, let's not keep everyone waiting and it's boring with you just sitting here,"

"Alrighty," I stand up following Irene to the gang. Did I see this coming a few months ago? Hell no, I didn't even think I'd be in a relationship in the first place, let alone falling in love.

~•~•~•

"Come on already! I want to just fall asleep Irene," I complain as I wait on the bed for Irene to return from the kitchen. Surprise surprise, I forgot my birthday so instead of this whole party being a celebration for our finally Alex-free lives, it ended up being my birthday party as well.

Irene comes back with a plate with a muffin on it making me smile, damn this girl just makes everything better and looking at her in my shirt once again is like a cheery on top, "We did have a party back there but I wanted to make your favorite muffins for you,"

She smiles sitting down on the bed next to me, "You are amazing, do you know that?"

"Nah now blow the candle before it ruins the muffin," I do just as she said before taking off the candle and taking a bite, "This is heaven,"

Giggling as she took a bite of the muffin, she gets off the bed to grab her laptop, "Got something else for you,"

"What is it?" I ask her as she settles down comfortably with my arm on her shoulders. "It's a surprise, silly. Hold your horses,"

Closing my eyes with a smile, I kiss her neck, "So... I hope you like it but I apologize in advance if you don't,"

I give her a confused look before looking over to the laptop, "It's your work, I created a blog and you may be having contracts stacked up on this email,"

She looks at me expectantly waiting for me to respond to the surprise but I keep a straight face though on the inside I was the happiest, this was something I didn't have enough courage or time to do. To put my work out there for people to see, "This is the best gift ever cupcake!"

I pull her into a kiss with a huge grin dancing on my face, she finally relaxes in my arms before kissing me back, "I was worried, you'd be mad at me for not asking first,"

"No you did something I couldn't get myself to do in a long time so thank you, thank you so much," she hugs me as I just hold her close with a constant smile. Now, isn't this another reason for me to love her?

Ty was right, I got really lucky, "Happy birthday Reese, I love you,"

"I love you too and we'll get back to those emails a little later but right now, I need my girl all by herself to celebrate,"

She laughs a little closing the laptop and placing it on the side table, "You get whatever you want, birthday boy,"

"Oh be careful before you grant my wishes cupcake, I might take you up on that offer,"

"I meant it when I said it," she pulls me closer kissing me before I pin her down under me, kissing her back before shifting my kisses to her neck, "I won't disappoint you, cupcake,"

I wink at her making her giggle, "Oh, I'm sure you won't,"

~•~•~•

Waking up, I realize Irene isn't next to me anymore, "Irene?"

"I'm in the kitchen," I hear her voice and stand up putting on my boxers before heading to the kitchen just to see my beautiful girlfriend making breakfast for me.

"Good morning," she greets me as I hug her from behind, "Good morning love,"

"Happy birthday," she turns her head enough to kiss me. I don't think I celebrated my birthday even once in over seven years now but well having the right person next to me, made everything better.

"So waffles and kisses for breakfast?" I ask her as she takes out the cooked waffles and pours in some more batter into the waffle maker before turning to me, "Yup kisses with a side of waffles,"

She winks making me smile, "Well I'm free today and your schedule can be moved too right?"

"Yup, we can put things away for the day and just do anything you want," I tell her picking her up to place her on the counter while she wraps her legs around me.

"It's your birthday so you get to decide," she points out as I tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Well..."

I kiss her jaw making her smile, "After breakfast, I'll take you to bed and well we could watch something or just do something more fun. In the evening, we go out for dinner or maybe a beach picnic as you call it,"

"That sounds perfect," she smiles kissing me once again before getting off the counter to attend to the probably overcooked waffle.

"Go fresh up Reese, you wouldn't want to have cold waffles," she tells me as I turn on the coffee maker for a fresh batch of espresso.

"Okay," I finally say giving her one last kiss on her cheek before leaving her alone. Damn, I don't think I could ever get enough for her but hey, we've got our whole lives ahead to spend with each other or at least I hope so.

~•~•~•