°•°Chapter 14°•°

"Few delights can equal the mere presence of one whom we trust utterly."
George MacDonald

Irene's POV.

"I'll block him from you and you run, okay? You run and go start the car so that we can take off as soon as I join you," Reese stuffs the bags as I help him with tears. This shouldn't have happened.

Luckily Mrs. Marshall is distracting Alex questioning his yelling, "Irene look at me!"

Reese whisper shouts as I put on the two bags ready to rush out as soon as the door opens, "I'll be there, I promise. I love you," he gives me a quick peck and I kiss him back, "I love you too,"

He smiles giving a quick kiss on my forehead before we prepare ourselves to open the door, "Let's get over with this,"

Reese says before opening the door and my heart drops as soon as I see Alex, "Well now what do we have here?"

Alex raises his eyebrows at me and Reese, literally checking me out with a devious smirk. Ms. Marshall just stands there and keeps an eye on Alex, "Irene run!"

Within seconds Reese punches Alex when he tries grabbing my hand and I run towards the stairs as fast as I can. I leave the bills for the stay on the table next to the door before heading out. My heart beating too fast feels like a fucking panic attack. Keep yourself together Irene, you need to do it for Reese.

I run out of the building and grab the cover on the car before removing it. Getting in, I throw the bags into the rear seats and start the car. I look out for Reese as I lean across and keep the door open for him. Damn it, I shouldn't have left him alone there. I notice a black car out front, there are two guys with pretty familiar black suits. They're here with Alex of course. Hopefully, they don't notice me, I make sure I don't turn on the headlights until Reese is in.

Taking deep breaths, I try keeping myself calm and finally hear loud footsteps and look out finding Reese with a gun with Alex at a distance asking him to drop the gun. A fucking Gun?

"Drive!" Reese shouts as soon as he gets into the car and I stamp on the accelerator. Driving fast enough, I keep an eye on the black Ferrari following us, "Pretty sure that's Alex,"

"Take a turn here," following Reese's direction, I take a sharp turn onto the street on the left and another right into a narrow street praying that I don't crash into anything or anyone while we go past a car and halt ours right in front of it. Once I make sure they still didn't get to us, I shut all the lights of the car down.

"Reese," I slowly turn to him, there's just enough moonlight to see his face.

"That was...good," he smiles putting the gun he's been holding aside once he notices Alex's car going past us once they give a look at the street and find nothing because of the car behind.

"T-the gun, where did you get it?!" I whisper shout still shaking out of fear.

"Calm down, its Alex's. I grabbed it when he started fighting with me and that was the only way I could make it out alive." He says holding my face to calm me down.

"H-he could've shot you," I state realizing as a tear finally rolls down my face.

"But he didn't." Reese points out pulling me into a hug and I hug him back tight. "It's going to be alright Irene,"

I turn on the light inside the car as soon as I feel Reese's knuckles wet, "Reese, you're hurt!"

"It's nothing, don't worry I've got a first aid kit..." he searches in the dashboard shelf and hands me a box, "Right here,"