°•°Chapter 2°•°

"Reality continues to ruin my life."
― Bill Watterson

Irene's POV.

"Well I think the engagement party should be held within a weeks' time and the wedding could be held in the start of next month," I fiddle with my fingers nervously as Alex continues to discuss about our wedding which I didn't even agree to in the first place.

I can't help hoping that Mia finds out a way to get me out of here as soon as possible before I'm left with no other choice but to marry this monster. "What do you say darling?"

Alex's voice breaks me from my thoughts making me look at him clueless but I just nod knowing that he just wants me to agree with whatever he decides. "And how about having the wedding in Paris?"

"Why don't you just tell them what you want to have at the wedding instead of acknowledging me with every idea? It'll save some time," I reply in a sharp tone almost forgetting the situation I'm in. God, I sounded so bitchy right now and for all I know this wouldn't end up well for me.

"Excuse me," I say excusing myself from the wedding organizer and Alex who's busy giving me a 'oh you're so going to get it' smirk. A shiver runs down my spine imagining what he's probably planning to do to me in his head. I walk as graceful as possible trying not to trip over my own feet.

The only advantage of being a model is that you learn not to let your emotions affect your body language. I sometimes wish, I didn't have to fake everything, from my emotions to love. It just makes me feel inhuman and my trust issues, they've got out of hand because I can't even trust my family anymore.

How did I even end up so tangled in this fucked up life?! Oh right, the emotional drama that my parents put up that left me no choice and I can't help blaming myself for being so blind for five years either. Stupid me.

I shut the door as I enter the room and sink down on the floor feeling the pressure of everything crumbling me. Damn it, I need to stop sulking and get to doing something in the little time, I've got. Getting off the floor I check my phone for any messages from Mia and looks like I've gotten lucky,

Mia: I know one of my brothers friends who can help you escape. I'll talk to him and send you the contact details if he agrees to go against his job. He's one of your guards by the way.

Me: thank you! I'll be waiting for your message and what's the guy's name anyway?

A small smile makes its way to my face in happiness. If everything goes well, then I can escape all this, the engagement and the wedding that would mean nothing but staying bound with Alex... Scratch that, Monster.

A fear runs down spine as someone bangs on my door and hide my phone in my wardrobe so that Alex doesn't find it to check my messages. Once I'm sure that the phone is in a place that he wouldn't find it easily, I head back to open the door while Alex calls out my name, demanding me to open the door.

His angry gaze falls on me as I open the door making my hands become sweaty with fear. Angry Alex isn't a great idea.

"What took you so long to open the door?" he walks inside closing the door behind him as I take a few steps back.

"I was just going for a bath so I had to put on my clothes before opening the door," he eyes me suspiciously while unbuttoning his shirt. "I might as well join you for the bath,"

I stop dead in my tracks as panic rises in me, "I-I want to have it alone,"

"Did it sound like I was giving you a choice?" I try thinking of any excuse I could come up with but Alex gets to me before I could say anything. His bare toned chest presses against my back still covered in the designer dress, making me breath heavily.