Chapter Eleven: Cold Hearts

Something was wrong with Joshua.

I could tell.

When we got back to the hotel, he didn't even complain about ruining his outfit and being wet. Hell, he smiled at me before he went to go change. That was not a good sign.

I was pretty sure that it had to do with the phone call he took before he went upstairs to change. Some random girl from the group had went up to him and handed him a phone before retreating.

My nosy ass didn't get to hear a word of it, because a surprised look crossed through Joshua's face before he made his way to a secluded corner of the room.

Even when I decided to stretch my neck towards his direction, I didn't hear a single word of what was passing through him and the person on the other side.

The curiosity had eaten at me throughout his entire appearance. I was told that it wasn't a really big one, even if five-thousand people had been there. Which made me wonder what a big appearance was like.

After the appearance, sweet Gola had complained to no end about how much she wanted a damn frappuccino. A person could only hear so much squeaky whining before they pulled over into the nearest Starbucks.

I collected my grande Passion Fruit Tea from the barista, before making my way to a corner of the room, so that I wouldn't be in the way of the other people who were to come pick up their drinks. I sipped at my drink idly , while scanning the room. I could hear Amanda at the front of the line ordering.

I focused my attention on a large vanilla cupcake that was inside one of the display cases. My mouth didn't water for long, because something in the reflection caught my attention. Something red.

No.

It couldn't be.

But it was.

I swished my entire body towards the windows that were located behind me. I nearly dropped my drink when I realized that none other than the Bum from Paris stood in the parking lot. He looked at my straight in the eyes, while my mouth gaped open. My thought process didn't even function because of the shock.

What the hell?

I started to shake my head wildly, looking for someone to confirm what my eyes were seeing. I spotted Joshua standing off to the side, hand holding a vanilla cupcake that I had my eyes on from earlier.

"Joshua!" I yelled through tight lips.

But the idiot didn't even hear me, too engrossed on cupcake bliss. With one last glance at the Bum's red beanie, I quickly walked over to Joshua and gripped his arm. I tugged him back to my previous position directly in front of the window.

"Look," I hissed.

Joshua's timing was terrible, because he decided to take a gigantic bite from the cupcake at the exact moment that I pointed out the Bum. I stared at him with annoyance as his mouth enveloped the cake.

"Joshua! The Bum! Outside through the window!" I yelled more urgently.

"What bum? Lilly, what the hell are you talking about?" Joshua asked in between mouthfuls after finally looking out the window.

My neck snapped back towards the window, sure enough the Bum was gone. I started to freak out, because he had just been there seconds before! Was I going crazy? Fuck. This job was really starting to get to me. I didn't want to accept how crazy I was becoming, and so I said, "Um, yeah you're right." My voice sounded deflated and defeated. Joshua gave me a weird look after taking another bite.

"Maybe you need a cupcake?" He asked with a grin.

I can't explain why, but the fact that Joshua didn't question me further and annoy me like I thought he would really relaxed me. I found myself smiling right back at him as I nodded.