Chapter Thirty-Six: Seeing You

My eyes cracked open when I heard the banging going on downstairs. For all of my brother's good qualities, being silent in the morning was not one of them. I stayed in bed for the following half hour, hearing him hit pans around and run up and down the stairs grabbing things.

I could hear him talking to himself and I rolled my eyes. It was as if he was doing everything in his power not to let me sleep. Finally, the door to my room was practically kicked open as he came hurrying in.

His hair was kind of messy and his buttoned shirt had a button hanging on the bottom that he had decided to skip. Something told me that this had been going on for a while, or since Minerva had left.

"I'm off to work. There's breakfast in the kitchen and I don't know if you have any plans for today, so I left a pair of house keys down there as well. Oh, and-" My brother paused, catching sight of me as I rose into a sitting position.

"What?" I questioned.

"You said that guy slept over a couple times, right? So, I'm guessing he saw your bed head?" My brother asked. I was still asleep, so I didn't catch his drift. I nodded my head, remembering how many times he saw me in the morning.

"Damn, well he must have really liked you then." My bother commented with a look of horror on his face. My hands shot up to the bird's nest that sat atop my head.

"Jerk!" I yelled, trying to flatten the damn thing. Andrew only chuckled before waving. The door closed right after, leaving me all alone.

I really had nothing to do that day, or so I thought. My phone started buzzing right after. I checked the caller I.D. seeing Johnny's name on the screen.

"Yeah?" I answered, hopping out of bed.

"Rise and shine, Princess! I've been waiting for you all morning!" Johnny blasted from the other side.

"What?" Sheesh, I really was slow that morning.

"Fashion week is in exactly two months. One does not simply design an entire line in a day." Johnny said with a fake British accent.

 I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't hide the fact that it actually sounded sort of exciting. I finally told Johnny that I would meet him in an hour and he gave me the address.

I quickly dressed, picking stuff out from the clothes he had bought me. I settled on some salmon colored skinny jeans, a printed silk shirt, and some cream colored pumps. The weather was still chilly, so I wore a long beige coat. I did my usual bun, since it was freaking tradition at that point.

I inspected myself a couple of times before my cab finally arrived. This was definitely the start of a new Lilly. I locked the house and made my way to the waiting vehicle. Giving the driver instructions, I settled into my seat. The ride was sort of long, but we finally made it to a tall building. It had no signs and was practically all windows. It was located in a nice part of the city, so I didn't immediately worry about getting murdered.