Chapter Eighteen: Jilly Billy

I felt the thumping, more then I heard it.

I was half asleep when the noise reached my ears. Immediately, my eyes popped open and settled on the clock that rested on the bed-side table. It was three in the morning for God's sake! Why would someone knock this late? Motherfucking pests!

But, what if it was important? I was about to get up and investigate, when my hotel door crept open. I saw the faintest outline of a person sneak in through the door, before the door was immediately shut. Holy bejesus! Had I imaged that or-?

I heard rustling further in the room and my air supply got cut off.  This was it! I was going to freaking die!

My fingers wrapped around a half-open chip bag that I had practically inhaled earlier that night, after saying goodbye to Joshua. I rolled me eyes in the dark at myself.

Really Lilly? A fucking chip bag as a weapon? You fail.

I held the chips up in the air none the less, and my eyes scanned the room for any movement. I couldn't detect any, because it was pitch black.

"Who's there?" My voice wobbled. I felt like one of those dumb chicks who asked their killer why the hell he had a gun at her face. For a second, I feared that the Red Beanie Bum was in my room, ready to chop my head off.

My toes made contact with the carpet, and I hoisted my body up. I made a dash for the lights, finally reaching the wall I was aiming for. With the flick of a finger, the lights turned on. They blinded me for a minute, before I realized who I was face-to-face with.

Joshua was kneeled over, head in hands, laughing his ass off.

I was about to throw my chip bag at his head, when he asked, in between chuckles, "Could I have some of that?"

He was referring to the chip bag in my hand, still up in the air like a weapon.

"What the hell are you doing, and why are you in my freaking room?" I asked pissed off. Alright, so I was more embarrassed about my reaction then him being with me.

"You didn't think I was going to let you have all of that junk food by yourself right?" He asked with a smile.

"Actually, I did! You, my little Joshy Washy, need to watch your figure!" I made fun of him, trying to make him feel just as embarrassed as I felt at that moment.

Joshua feigned a look of utter distress, before smirking. I didn't realize what he was going to do, until I saw him come my way. My reflexes kicked in, and I hugged the chip bag to my body. I made a run for it, hopping over the bed, to get to the other side of the room. For waking up five minutes ago, I was really energized. 

Joshua ended up tackling me before I made it to the other side of the bed. What came next was the worst torture imaginable.

The lowest of the low. The worst thing in the word. Hell on earth.

Tickling.

Joshua began to tickle me once he caught me, making me drop the chip bag. Chips flew all over the bed and on the pillows. I couldn't stop giggling. I was going to get him back for that!

I guess that my laughing was really loud, because the same woman from next door started banging on the wall, forcing us to quiet down.

Joshua finally let go of my hips and laid down on the bed, chips under his body, crunching from his weight. I did the same thing, but lay beside him. There were several inches between us, as we both stared at the ceiling.

"So, are you going to share or not?" I knew he was smiling by his tone. I picked up a chip bag that I knew was under the bed and lifted it up to smack him with it. He dodged the blow, but took the bag from me in the process.