Chapter 23

Word count- 2346 words

Enjoy~

As I laid in bed my two most recent favorite days some to mind, I smiled as the beautiful memories coursed through my mind...

Johnny and I have been trying for a baby for so long now. We've went to the doctors and they said it just might not happen. I was starting to believe it but I got hope as I missed my cycle. I haven't told Johnny and here I am, holding a pregnancy test in my hand. I shake slightly and my heart beats faster as the feeling of nervous nausea takes over.

This happened once before, my cycle being late, but I wasn't pregnant. I really hope that isn't the case again.

The test beeps and I take a deep breath as I shake so much almost dropping the test.

And I look at it... "Oh my god." My hand goes up to my mouth as I sob out.

Positive. I'm going to be a mom.

I was planning on making a cute little surprise, but as I sob tears of joy Johnny comes running into the bathroom clearly worried about me.

"(y/n), what's wrong?" He asked, kneeling down by my side.

I coughed a bit when I tried to take a deep breath, so I would be able to say something. I smiled softly and shakily hold the test up. He looks at the test and a large smile comes across his face and I see some tears appear in his eyes.

"Oh my god, (y/n), we're gonna me parents." He said before pulling me into his lap.

I sniffled a bit and buried my head in his shoulder. I laughed as I stop crying. Johnny pulls away and moves his hands to my waist and rubs his thumbs across my stomach.

"Our baby." He looks into my (e/c) eyes.

"Our baby." I whispered, leaning in and our lips collide...
.
I woke up in the middle of the night with a painful cramp in my stomach. Braxton hicks contractions (aka false labor) contractions happen every once in a while so I wasn't worried. Plus, it was nearly a month before the baby's due date.

I fell back asleep after scooting closer to Johnny.

15 minutes pass and I feel another pain, and the baby kicks hard only adding to the uncomfortable feeling. Johnny moved around as he woke up. He then laid his head on the side of my chest and rubs my large baby bump his hand always rests on as we sleep.

"Stop hurtin' your mum." He whispered tiredly. I laughed quietly and turned to face him.

I started to fall asleep once more, Johnny's arms were still wrapped tightly around me, but I'm not that close because of the large mass on—well, in—my stomach.

Once again, another pain hits me as the baby kicks; y stomach being right up to Johnny's he feels it as well.

"They're very strong." He said before patting my stomach as he chuckles sleepily. 'So are these fake contractions' I thought. It's so weird, the most I had ever gotten were two within 30 minutes. I started to get worried, these felt different, and such a distinct pattern too. I decided to wait and see if it happened again.

Sure enough 15 minutes pass and another sharp pain hits me, a bit harder this time. I think I'm in labor. I don't know how to tell Johnny without freaking him out, so I just said it.

"Johnny, I think I'm in labor."His eyes shot open and he looked from me to my stomach and back at me.

"Wait, now?!" He sayid sitting up quickly.