Chapter 28

Word count- 752 words

Enjoy~

Your POV

The next three days were so long. We all stayed up late, worrying about the baby's condition. We didn't get much sleep, only a few hours a day. A lot of our time was spend crying, and just sitting around.

But it was time for another ultrasound; we do many daily just to check. We love this child too much already, just like Joshua. We only fell further in love every with every ultrasound.

We all stared at the screen and listened to the heartbeat of our baby. Just listening to it gives me hope. It's s the small sound of the organ that pumps blood throughout our child, giving it life.

The doctor turns to us. "Your baby is a miracle. We were almost certain they wouldn't make it, and since they've made it this far I bet they will be in your arms in seven months." My heart skips a beat and my mouth grows wide into a smile, a real full on smile.

I turned to Johnny to see him smiling as well. He quickly leaned in and hugs me tightly swaying side to side. I'm so happy. And that's when I lost it. I cried tears of happiness. All of the stress and guilt I've been having for the past few days all leaves me. I feel relieved.

I can't believe that we are going to have another baby. I've never really thought about what it would be like, because I didn't want to think about it; I didn't want to think about how wonderful it would be, and then it wouldn't happen.

"We are going to have another baby, Johnny." I whispered in his ear.

"I know, love. I can't wait." He whispers back. After years of being married he can make my heart flutter just as easy as he could in the beginning.

"I love you so much." I squeezed him tighter with my good arm.

"And I love you more." He snuggled closer to me. I melted into his embrace at this perfect moment.

Johnny's POV

Just like everyday the doctors are doing another ultrasound to check the baby. The stress is killing us. We've been up for almost three days straight with very little sleep. It's really taking a toll on (y/n), she's already recovering from the gunshot, and now this.

I looked over at my wife before they turn the machine on. Her (h/c) hair is all messed up and she has dark circles under her eyes, but she still looks beautiful to me.

The ring of the machine is easily heard in the silence of the room and I turn my head to look at it. Every chance I have to look at our child, I am going to take it, as it could be the last time we'll have the chance. I really don't want it to be, though. I want them here with us, our family.

The small circle on the screen that I know is our baby shows up on screen. I can't help but smile a bit as they turn the heartbeat monitor on, and the small beeping noises can be heard. I grow more attached every second that passes. This baby has to make it, they are loved too much.

The doctor turns in his chair to face us. "Your baby is a miracle, we were certain they wouldn't make it, and since they've made it this far, I bet they will be in your arms in seven months."

I smiled widely and turned once again to (y/n). I can't believe it, they are going to make it now. I leaned in and hugged a crying (y/n) tightly. I can't believe it.

"We going to have another baby, Johnny." She whispers sweetly in my ear.

I smile and a few tears leak from my eyes. "I know, love. I can't wait." I whispered back, squeezing her tighter.

"I love you so much." Her voice shakes a bit.

"And I love you more." I whispered and I hold her figure in my arms.

One things for sure I am never going to stop loving (y/n), she gave me love, a son and now another baby of ours. She's completed my life. She's the puzzle piece I have seemed to have always been missing. To our bodies, and our hands, even our singing voices, we fit each other perfectly. She is my other half and I need her....
.