Chapter 29

Word count- 1030 words

Enjoy~

Johnny's POV

Today was the day we can finally leave the hospital and go home. We've been here for almost a month now. I'm really happy we can try and make life as "normal" as we can again. I'm also very nervous, (y/n) is supposed to stay on bed rest for the pregnancy, or at least for most of it, to make sure the baby is healthy. I'm nervous because (y/n) is stubborn, and as much as she loves to sleep, she hates laying around all day. She'd rather be singing at the Theater, or doing things with Joshua and I.

Speaking of the pregnancy, it's been going great so far. The doctors say the baby is healthy, besides them being in the small side they are perfectly healthy.

"Mommy, when will the baby be born?" I looked at my son who was laying next to his beautiful mother in the hospital bed.

"Not for 6 more months, sweetie." She said, wrapping an arm around him. He giggled at the contact making my smile grow larger. "Do you think it will be a boy or a girl?" (y/n) asked Joshua.

"Both." He giggled. (y/n) and I chuckled at this.

"There's only one inside of mummy's tummy, kiddo." I smiled.

"But maybe, just maybe we'll have another." My wife winks at me.

"Don't you think this one is already a handful." I said, leaning over and picking up Joshua as I tickled him.

"Hey! Daddy stop it!" My son giggled uncontrollably.

"The more the merrier, I'd say." (y/n) said as she poke Joshua in the stomach. He giggles once more. I smiled at the sight. My wonderful family.

The door opened and we all turn to see who came in, it's the nurse that helps (y/n) everyday.

"Hey guys, you can all leave now." Emily said, looking sad.

"What's wrong Emily?" Joshua asks sweetly. We all smile at the young boy.

"I'm going to miss you guys, that's why." Emily said, walking closer. Joshua holds his little arms out to Emily. The two of them have grown found of each other in the last month.

"I'll ask sure to stop by when your sibling arrives." She said.

"Are you excited too, Emily?" Joshua asks.

"Yes, I can't wait to meet your little brother or sister." Emily laughed.

"What do you think it is going to be Emily?" (y/n) asked. "So far we have five guesses for girls and five for boys."

(y/n), my dad, Rosita, Buster and Mike think it's a girl. And that leaves Eddy, Ash, Meena, Gunter, and myself to think it is a boy.

"No offense, but I'm hoping and thinking it's a girl." Emily said.

"Me too." (y/n) laughs.

I gave her a glare. "What's that supposed to mean?" I laugh a bit.

"I'm the only girl in the family."(y/n) said, laughing. I smiled. It would be wonderful to have a beautiful daughter running around.

Shortly after it was time to go. Emily and a few other nurses and some doctors came with us as they wheeled (y/n) out on a wheelchair. A lot of people have grown found of her and Joshua in our time here.

"We'll miss you all." (y/n) says, hugging one of the nurses.

"We'll miss you too." They all responds as they take turns hugging Joshua.

"When my little brother or sister is born you need to come see us." Joshua said. They all laughed a bit and the doctor that was hugging him ruffled his black hair. They've just been so kind to the three of us this past month. One things for sure they will be missed.
.
I just got back from Theater practice. (Y/n) wanted me to keep working at the Theater, even if I wasn't sure about it. I wanted to be with her at all times. Hey, I admit it I'm paranoid, both of her pregnancies I got really anxious. But she finally persuaded me to do it. I also took Joshua with me. I didn't want (y/n) to worry about taking care of him, especially when she is on bed rest. I really wanted it to stay that way, but (y/n) is stubborn, she's wanted nothing to do with bedrest.

I walked into the house, holding a sleeping Joshua in my arms. He got quite tired playing with all of Rosita's kids. I make the turn from the entrance to the main part of the house. The smell of pancakes hits my nose and I see (y/n) standing by the stove.

"Oh hey honey h-"

"What are you doing?! You're supposed to be in bed!" I say loudly, walking over to her.

She groans loudly. "Johnny! I'm fine! The baby's fine!" My stubborn wife says waving the spatula in the air.

"But the doctor said to take it easy." I said as made it to her side.

"The baby and I got hungry! I'm literally cooking, is it too dangerous?!" She said sarcastically. But I didn't really catch onto her sarcasm because I was too busy worrying.

"You should have just called me I would have came ho-"

"Just calm down! I'm the one with the baby inside of me and we both feel fine." She says, rubbing her expanding stomach. I know she's the mom with the maternal instincts but she still isn't really listening to the doctor.

I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry I'm freaking out. I know, I'm not new to being a dad, but it still worries me."

She smiles and wraps her arms around me and the still sleeping Joshua. Just like his mother, he can sleep like a rock.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm a bit worried too." She whispers. I smile and embrace her tighter. The smell of burning food hits my nose

"The pancakes are burning" I say.

She quickly lets go of me. "No! Not my chocolate chips!" I smiled. No matter what happens, she will always be the same beautiful girl I fell in love with...
.
A/n: I'm craving chocolate chip pancakes so hard right now.