Drama Club

"Come on Dean! Look, just try it, please?" Sam begged his brother to join drama club for about the fifteenth time that day.
    "Sammy, I don't do musicals." Dean said, although he was already starting to be interested in complying to Sam's wish.
    "But Dean, it's not just musicals, and there are a lot of cool people in the club." Sam grabbed hold of the strap of Dean's backpack. "One meeting. That's all I'm asking."
    "All right fine. I'll go to one meeting, but if it sucks, which it will, I'm out." Dean had given in to Sams puppy eyes, but secretly, he really did want to join a club.

    "Okay everyone. Welcome to the fist Drama Club meeting of the school year!" The teacher, Mr. Singer, spoke loudly and enthusiastically. Dean looked the teacher up and down, and decided that his voice didn't match his body. Mr. Singer looked way too old and cranky to be so excited about a drama club. "So! Let's all get to know each other. Why don't we go around the room and everyone tells their name, and something interesting about themselves?" Mr. Singer gave a small nudge to the wheel of his wheelchair, and started at the end of the room. "Let's start here. What's your name, young man?"
    "Mhm, my name is Sean Desmond. Umm... something interesting about me is, I play the cello." Sam gave a wave to Dean from across the room, and a little thumbs up, before Mr. Singer stopped in front of the younger Winchester.
    "You, what's your name?"
    "My name is Sam Winchester, and an interesting thing about me is... hmm... I'm a Ravenclaw." Dean smirked as a few students in the room clapped and waved, presumably Ravenclaws as well.
    Dean didn't pay much attention to the students until Mr. Singer stopped in front of a small, shy boy. Dean was instantly attracted to the blue eyed boys faint, embarrassed smile.
    "Umm... hello, my name is Castiel Novak." Dean watched as the boy tugged at his sleeve nervously. "One interesting thing about me is... uh... my favorite animal is a bumblebee." Adorable Dean thought. Suddenly, Dean was caught off guard by Castiel looking directly at him, and giving another shy smile. Deans heart was pounding, he was interested in drama club now.
    "Hello? Earth to student?" Mr. Singer was now right in front of the dazed Dean.
    "Oh sorry." Dean cleared his throat, and looked back to Castiel, who's eyes were glued to the Winchester. "Hi everyone, my name is Dean Winchester, and an interesting thing about me is that I have never been in a drama club before."

    Dean felt his face grow hot as the perfectly adorable Castiel approached him.
   "Hello Dean." Castiel reached out a hand, which Dean took with pleasure.
   "Hi Castiel." Dean was stoked that Castiel was talking to him.
    "So this is your first time in a drama club?"
    "Yeah, my brother wanted me to join, and I think I will now that I've met some of the people." Dean gave a nervous smile, which Castiel returned.
    "It's my first time too.  I think I'll join. You can call me Cass if you want."
    "Okay." Dean saw Sam motioning to him out of the corner of his eye. " well Cass, it was nice to meet you, I look forward to being in this club with you."
    "You too, Ive got to get going. Chemistry test." Castiel sighed, a light, breathy sigh, that made him even cuter.
    "I'd better go too, my brother is getting antsy."
    "So? What do you think?" Sam was determined to have Dean in the club.
    "I'm gonna join." Dean said, hoping Sam couldn't tell why he wanted to join. If Castiel was in the club, Dean was too.

    It didn't take long for the Winchesters to get used to Drama club. Mr. Singer had assigned them good roles in the upcoming play. Dean liked the play, especially the scenes in which his character got to interact with Castiel's character. They both played knights of the round table, and Dean was excited to rehearse with Cass.
    "So Cass, do you want to come over tonight, and we can run our lines?" Dean tried to be cool, but he couldn't hide his nervousness.
    "Sure, just text me your address. I'm free at seven." Castiel scribbled his number into Deans planner, before giving a smile and walking off.
    "Ooo look, you got pretty boy's number!" Sam had been taunting Dean about his crush for three whole days.
    "Shut up." Dean tried to control his face, but his cheeks turned red, and his smile widened.

Dean: Hey Cass, my address is 134 Clinton Ave. See you at Seven:)
    Dean sat on his bed, glancing down at his phone every few moments, to see if Cass had texted back yet, or at least read the message.
Castiel: Okay, thanks. Be there in 20.
    Dean was nervous now. Over the past few days, he has developed a huge crush on his sweet, blue eyed classmate. He spent almost every class talking to Castiel, and the two were becoming rather close.
    "Dean, Mom and Dad just left to go see that concert in Delaware!" Sam yelled up the stairs. Dean had almost forgotten that his parents were going to be out of town.
    "That means I'm in charge. When Castiel gets here, you'd better not bother us!" Dean heard Sam snicker from downstairs, followed by the ringing of the doorbell. He raced down the stairs and bumped into Sam, who was also headed to the door. "I'll get it." He swaggered to the door, and opened it with confidence, only to become bashful and awestruck by the boy on his doorstep.
    "My mom baked some cookies, I thought we might want some snacks." Castiels dark hair was pushed messily to the side, and his navy blue sweater vest was hugging tightly to his body. Dean stood there admiring him silently before snapping back to reality.
    "Awesome! Come on in." He let Cass in, Sam snickered again in the background. Dean mouthed a silent "shut up" followed by a menacing movement of his finger, across his throat.
    "Hey Cass." Sam gave Castiel a nod, before turning back to make kissy faces at Dean.
    "Hello Sam." Castiel replied, oblivious to the foolish banter. "So shall we?"
    "Oh! Of course." Dean took the tray of cookies from Cass and placed them on the counter, and led him upstairs to his room.

    "Lancelot, do you truly wish to be involved with this mission?" Castiel repeated his line again, this time with more animation.
    "That was good." Dean had been closely watching as Castiel moved delicately, and recited his part.
    "Thanks. I don't know how I'm going to remember all of these lines."
    "You're doing good so far." Dean reached for another cookie and brought it to his mouth. "Besides, there's two months till the play. You have plenty of time to memorize."
    "Dean, how do you stay so confident on stage?" Castiel bit his lip and looked down to the floor. Dean immediately recognized how nervous the boy was.
    "What do you mean?" He asked gently, motioning for Castiel to sit beside him.
     "Well, I mean, you are just so confident on stage. You aren't nervous. You don't seem to have any fear or stage fright." Castiel sat down, and to Dean's surprise, rested his head atop his shoulder. Dean shuddered at the contact, now becoming nervous, as his crush was being so open with him.
    "Well I do get nervous, but I think it helps to have some motivation to be confident." Dean thought of all the times he had been nervous on stage, but seeing Castiel made him determined to look cool and collected.
    "What motivates you?" Castiel sat upright now, looking directly at Dean. Dean blushed furiously, and felt exposed, sure that Cass had noticed.
    "Umm. There's this person." Dean began, his cheeks becoming more red than he thought possible. "Actually, it's a person I really like. And when I'm nervous, seeing them makes me feel calmer." Dean shyly glanced at Castiel, who wore an innocent and confused expression. Castiel tilted his head, as if to ask Dean to continue.
    "I really like this person, but I don't know how to tell them. I'm not even sure if they like..." Dean stopped, afraid that finishing his sentence would make Castiel realize that he was bi.
    "Like what? Boys?" Castiel reached his hand onto Deans, and his smile was soon disrupted by his teeth, that pulled his lower lip inward. Dean shuddered. He couldn't believe it. Was this really happening?
    Dean nodded slowly, silently giving Castiel approval to move in closer.
    "I really like you Dean." Castiel said nothing else before he pulled Dean into a soft, shy kiss. Their lips barely touched before he pulled away, and blushed. Dean looked at Castiel wide eyed, completely at a loss for words, yet he still managed to say: I really like you too Cass.
    Dean pushed Castiel onto his back, and sat across his lap. He leaned in for a deeper kiss, Castiel responded by moving his arms to Deans back, and up to his neck. As Dean nipped at his neck, Castiel let out a barely audible moan.
    "Hey Cass? What recipe did your mom use for these cookies?" Sam barged into the room, and Dean and Castiel quickly moved. They didn't have time to get out of their positions before Sam saw what they had been doing and quickly shut the door.
    "Well, they were good cookies, but this is even better." Dean gave Castiel a small smirk, and leaned in for more contact.
Hey, if you're reading this, and have any suggestions or prompts for me, feel free to send me a message or leave a comment. I'd be glad to write a short story for anyone:)
-Nico