Midnight

Dean pulled off his stuffy helmet and ran his fingers through his hair. With sweat dripping from his neck, he leaned against his bike and looked around. It was cold and dreary. He didn't give a care to the weather at all. Not even a hurricane could keep him away from seeing Castiel tonight. He'd been waiting forever. A fond thought of how nice it would be for Cass to live on campus led to an enjoyable daydream. The familiar honk of Fergus' car horn blasted Dean back to reality.
    "Hey Dean! Meg, Charlie, and I are going for drinks at Bobby's club! Wanna come with?" The dark haired driver yelled out the window. Dean shook his head in response.
    "Sorry man, I've got somewhere to be tonight." He called back, earning a disappointed groan from his dorm pals. He heard the urgent squeal of Fergus' engine as his bold red car vanished into the night. There was a light tapping noise that became a pitter-patter and grew into the rumble of a nightmarish rainfall, as Dean waited standing under his umbrella.
    "Ugh where is he?" He grumbled to himself, nervously checking his black watch. The cranking and creaking of a window opening caught Dean's attention. He knew whose window it was when he looked up at the apartment building across the street to see the outline of his shaggy haired Castiel, framed by pale yellow light. He whistled a few notes just loud enough for Castiel to hear, and finished off the single with a light hum "the world will always welcome lovers as time goes by..."
    Castiel looked out the window and whistled back. Dean was ready. He closed his umbrella and set it on the seat of his motorcycle. With a few seconds of consideration, he decided it was safe to cross the busy street. He could hear Castiel's window closing again, a hint of finality and excitement grew in his chest. He would never admit to how nervous he was right now.
    There were a few moments of waiting by the bulding's door that were filled with the city sounds that Dean knew too well. He listened thoughtfully to the honking of cars blending with the rumbling sky. Even with the rain, he couldn't have picked a better night. Startled by an unexpected touch, Dean jumped harshly into the air, but the gentle fingers wrapped tighter around his hand, and he knew who it was.
    "Geez Cass. Don't do that! You scared me half to death!" Dean grumped, turning to face Castiel before instantly melting. He opened his mouth to speak, but was rendered speechless by just the sight of him. Cass' dark chocolate hair was glistening with raindrops under the light of the streetlights, and his curious blue eyes were locked on Dean's lips.
    "Sorry. He-hello Dean." Cass babbled out urgently, never taking his eyes off of Dean's lips.
    "Never mind all that" Dean whispered, leaning in and pressing Castiel against the brick wall of the apartment building. He bit his lip nervously, and his heart was beating embarrassingly hard. With one shaky breath, Dean gingerly wiped some rain off of Castiel's cheek, and dove into the deeply anticipated kiss. He'd waited all day and night for this, and he knew Cass had too.