Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

"Lumos" whispered Dean, as he stepped through the door.
    "Dean, you know you shouldn't be out at night..." the fat lady said in a singsong voice.
    "Shut up." Dean replied, eager to slip away from the Gryffindor common room. The faint blue light from his wand illuminated the entire hallway. He could see down to where the lavatories were, but that's not where he's headed.
    He said the left, right? Dean looked back to his left and tried to recall the directions. Castiel had said the Hufflepuff common room was to the left, but Dean was still unsure. Deciding to trust his instinct, typical Gryffindor behavior, he tiptoed down the hall.
    "That's just it Severus. Students have been abusing transfiguration spells, specifically ones they were told not to use outside of class." Professor McGonagall's stern voice rang through the corridor. Dean could tell by Snape and her's steps that they were all to close to bumping into him.
    "Nox!" Dean hurriedly scooted closer to the wall, finding refuge behind a large sculpture. Behind him, a painting was mumbling incoherent nonsense. Dean looked 'round to find the wee knight slumped in front of his horse fast asleep. Dean always hated that painting.
    "Did you here that?" Snape's low and drained voice seemed all but snotty and Dean's breath quickened. If I get caught now, I could get expelled. Dean recounted his past offenses. Improper use of a broomstick, stealing pumpkin pasties, flooding the lavatory. That was just the past week. Dean was always getting into trouble. Always.
    "It was probably a painting. They do get restless on special nights, as you know. Say, why don't we go get some licorice?" Dean heard the professors retreating steps and emerged from his hiding place.
    "Lumos." Dean commanded, and again the corridor shone in blue light.
He passed the moving staircases, and then the library. He was sure it was near. Ah, the kitchen. Dean stopped inside sneakily to retrieve some of Castiel's favorite Fizzing Whizzbees. Castiel probably only liked them because the name featured the word "bees", but Dean didn't care. As long as Cass was happy, Dean would get him the sweets. He grabbed an Amaretti di Saronno for himself and was on his way again.
    "Dean? Is that you?" Dean recognized the voice immediately.
    "Sam? What are you doing here? Ravenclaw common room is way in the other direction."
    "I could ask you the same thing. I came to get some canary creams for Eileen. She was afraid to walk the halls at night so I offered."
    "I'm just getting some snacks and then I'm going to go visit my... my friend." Dean didn't want to give away who he was visiting. He didn't know how Sam would react if he found out.
    "Dean, you're my brother. I know you're going to see Cass. You aren't as secretive as you think. Well, see you later bro." Sam walked past Dean into the kitchen.
    So he did know... well he didn't seem bothered.
    Dean passed another painting, this time an unmoving one, and then he spotted the stone walls and wooden barrels. Castiel had said there was no password, yet Dean was still surprised to enter without one.
    Even in the dim light, Dean could see the outline of the beautiful wizard standing by the window.
    "Cass! Hey, I'm here finally." Dean grinned.
    "Dean!" Castiel turned around and walked swiftly to Dean. He placed a delicate kiss on his left cheek, and embraced him sweetly. "Thank God. I didn't know if I could wait any longer."
    Dean blushed, embarrassed by how easily Castiel could turn him to mush. He practically melted with each word spoken by Castiel, and pondered if perhaps he was under a spell that made him so lovely.
    "I couldn't wait either, but I stopped to get us some goodies. I know how much you love these." Dean smiled and looked into Castiel's eyes. It was dark, but the periwinkle blue of his eyes shone none the less.
    "Oh wow! How did you find them? I thought they didn't keep any in the kitchen anymore." Castiel moved two fingers delicately over the package. A smile spread across his face, and Dean smiled back at the crinkled eyes and pearly whites. "Never mind that, we'd better hurry if we want to see it!" Castiel grabbed Dean's hand and he pulled them back to the corridor.
    "When does it start?" Dean asked hushed in the secrecy of their quest.
    "Soon. I brought you a jacket and an extra scarf. It's a bit stormy out so it'll be cold." Castiel tightened his grip, his fingers intertwining closely with Dean's.
    "Thanks Cass, you're so kind to me." Dean whispered thankfully, and ran his thumb over Castiel's fingers, before they took off down the hall.

    When the door opened,  the pair could already see the stars shining brightly onto the Black Lake. When the set up their blanket on the beach, the show began. Streaks of orange and blazing yellows illuminated the night sky and the boys stared in awe. Each meteor passed quickly and left a trail of light behind it, leaving the stars to glisten brighter.
    "Thanks for coming with me Dean. There's no one I'd rather have a once in a lifetime experience with." Castiel leaned closer to Dean and nuzzled into his chest.
    "I love you Castiel."
"I love you too Dean."