Nightmares

Dean turned over in his bed. His arms were shaking violently as he failed to break away from his hellish nightmares. He began to mumble in his slumber, calling out for help.
    It was then that Castiel felt Dean's longing. The fear filled words echoed across the world and pounded in his head. "Castiel I need you! Help me, please!" Hearing Dean in this state was soul crushing. Castiel knew he couldn't ignore Dean's cry, even though it would make having to be away from him easier.
    Castiel rose from his battle position, pretending not to hear his garrison yelling for him to come back. The only thing in the world that could make Castiel abandon his family and the warring was the plea of the man he loved. With a loud flap, he unfurled his wings and spread them out so each tip faced the stars.
    The Lunda of enochian chants and shouting filled the empty void of space. From the farthest stars, Castiel could still see the glow of each angels death, and hear the commanding voices of the bravest soldiers. All of this, he ignored.
     Dean was still trapped in a nightmare, vivid flashes of hell, scenes of Sam or Cass dying, he cried out again. Castiel please hurry. The voice was heard loud and clear, and in an instant, Castiel stood in the center of Dean's bedroom.
    Castiel looked down at Dean as he lay in his fit. Castiel could feel Dean's dream, and was desperate to save him from it.
    "I'm here Dean." Castiel stated blatantly, but the words still soothed Dean a bit. Castiel marched to the bed and sat down next to Dean. "It's okay. I'm here." He brought one hand down to the freckles cheek of the hunter. Dean responded to the touch with a softened expression. Castiel could feel the nightmare had ended, but Dean's longing remained.
    "Cass. You came." Dean had hardly woken up, but he brought an arm lazily to Castiel's chest, and spotted the blood soaked blue tie. He understood where Castiel had been now. He felt immense gratitude for the angel, and the lengths he had gone just to reach him.
    "Dean, I always come when you call." Castiel stared into Dean's candy apple green eyes, and then made a decision. He would do anything to win this war now, if it meant he could stay on Earth with Dean. Dean was still mostly asleep, and possibly could forget this had ever happened, but he pulled Castiel closer. Closer than he had ever been to the angel. He wrapped his tired arms delicately around the angel. Castiel blushed, as he could feel the same as Dean did, even though as an angel he wasn't supposed to. This made their connection deeper and more complicated.
    Castiel in turn wrapped his arms around Dean, and allowed him to nuzzle into his neck. As Dean's head rested between Castiel's shoulder and his chin, he whispered faintly, "Please stay." And finished his pleas with a soft kiss under Castiel's ear.
    Castiel pulled Dean closer still. Although they were both fully clothed, their skin still heated up at the electric warmth between them. He moved one hand to the back of Dean's neck, and tilted his head to the hunter. Castiel was unsure, but nonetheless, he dragged his lips through the steamy air to meet Dean's. Dean did not shy away, and instead moved his hands to Castiel's back, and reached desperately to deepen the kiss.
    "Dean. I love you. I would spin the stars for you." Castiel whispered with a hint of regret and sorrow,"but I can't stay... at least not yet."