"Why-Wi-Witter-Alice"

Chapter 7:

Kirstie, Avi and Marcia follow Esme down the hall to Mrs Whitlock's class. It was right next to Mr Lewis' class, but that's only because they're both first grade classes.
     "I'll do the paperwork later, and I'll have it ready to sign for you two tonight," Esme tells them as they reach the door. She opens it into a bright and colourful room with paper birds hanging from the ceiling and craft projects lining the walls, and this was only the third week of term.
     Marcia's jaw drops at the sight, Kirstie and Avi do their best not to let theirs drop too.
      A woman with cropped black hair springs up out of almost nowhere with a beaming smile.
     "Welcome to my class!" she cheers, crouching down to Marcia's height. "My name is Mrs Whitlock, but I go by Alice too! So what my dear, may I call you?" she asks well aware of her rhyme.
     "I'm in Mr Lewis' class," she frowns, "But yours is real pretty." Marcia lets her eyes wander for a moment before they settle on her clasped hands.
     Alice's smile doesn't falter even though Avi's, Kirstie's and Esme's does.
     "I don't think that's your name sweetie," Alice coos. "But you know what, I think this might be the class for you. Your dress is so pretty that just couldn't bare letting you go back next door. I want to see it and the gorgeous little girl in it right in this room," she beams.
     Marcia smiles, "I like your dress too Mrs... Why-Wi-Witter-Alice."
     Alice nod, her smile still bright, "Thank you so much." She stands up, barely reaching Kirstie's shoulder, Kirstie was in heels but this was still a very small lady. No wonder she taught first graders, they'd make her feel tall.
      "I'll take good care of her, hopefully integrate her nicely and make her some new friend," the perky teacher nods, looking down again at Marcia who was tentatively making her way into the room.
     Alice takes a step closer to Kirstie and Avi so that she can whisper. "While she's momentarily comfortable, now is the best time to leave. I know you might like to say goodbye but it could upset her. Besides, I promise I'll give your little darling back at the end of the day," she giggles.
     Avi and Kirstie half laugh, but take the steps back that Alice ushers and lets her close the door on them.

...

Kirstie paces the living room, her arms crossed and her fingers digging into them as she stepped.
     Avi sits on the sofa, he'd stopped watching her pace now and was focused on the lunch he'd made them. It's not that he wasn't worried about the situation, he just knew that wearing out the floors wasn't the answer. So Avi was just eating his sandwich and focusing on it because Kirstie was wearing him out as well as the floors. He wished she wasn't so stressed, he wished he whole Jeremy thing was blowing up, because that was obviously why she was stressed. And it might seem selfish but this was the first time alone together they'd really had since the Triplets were born, yet here has was eating his sandwich while she paced.
     After a while he finally decides to speak, "Kirstie, just take a seat, have something to eat and we can talk about this, about what we'll do next. Right now with her in a different class is a good move but we still have to find a lawyer."
     Kirstie stops in her tracks, eyes focused on the ground, "I know you can eat Avi because you can, but right now I just can't. I need to know what's happening I need to fix everything."
     Avi shakes his head, "No you don't. We will fix this together, but it's going to be a long time and you can't not eat honey. Eat and then we'll figure everything out, I promise." He knew about       Kirstie's past, about when she was in high school and just didn't eat, it was for different reasons obviously but it was still stress related and he didn't want that, she needed to be healthy and as happy as she could be for their children.
      Kirstie runs a hand roughly through her shoulder length black curls and lets out a deep breath, her arms then go back into their tightly folded position.
     "If you're not going to sit down then eat standing up, but at least take of your shoes, they don't look comfortable. She glances down at her shoes, they were slightly more uncomfortable than her go to heels that she wore almost every day, these ones were strappy and tan and high and she loved them, but he was right. She didn't want to sit down though, she walks up to the couch and waits for Avi to put his plate down before she lays the back of her right heel in his leg and waits for him to undo the strap for her; she was too busy digging her fingernails into her arms. He pulls one shoe off then gestures for the other so she swaps feet and he undoes and removes that one too. He was too good to her.
     Now a good six inches shorter, Kirstie walks over to the coffee table and picks up her plate with the sandwich Avi had made her, earning a smile from her husband. She liked to make him happy, at least something she was still able to do that, make him smile by just eating what he'd made her, at least someone wasn't trying to take that away from her too.
      "I love the clicking sound your rings make against the plate, I don't know why, but I do," Avi shrugs.
     "That's a little weird," Kirstie chuckles through a mouthful of sandwich.
     "Please come and sit with me darling?" he pats the sofa next to him with a pleading look on his face.
     "Is this your new come on?"
     Avi's eyebrows shoot up, "What now?"
     Kirstie smirks, "Don't think I haven't noticed that we're the only ones here. But it's not gonna work, nothing could calm me down not even sex."
     "I didn't say you weren't calm, and I don't know where this coming from I just wanted you to sit next to me but now I feel like that's a challenge accepted."
     Kirstie shakes her head, "It won't work."
     "You are always so calm afterwards, besides you don't even want to eat that sandwich," he chuckles, pushing himself up off the sofa.
     "I do so," she shoves half of one in her mouth so it's hanging out of her mouth. And she side steps Avi as he comes closer then runs off around the couch, and he chases her. He just about lands on his ass as he rounds the couch in his socks and Kirstie has to stop to laugh, so he catches her, they're both laughing and Kirstie has to drop her sandwich from her mouth so she doesn't choke.
     Avi takes the plate from her and stacks it on his that was still sitting on the sofa. "You cannot think I still have the energy to chase you, carry you down the hallway and then make love to you," he laughs.
     Kirstie breaks into giggles again herself, "I didn't ask you to carry me."
     Avi shrugs, "I'm gonna anyway."
     "Don't hurt you back!" she screeches as she's hoisted over his shoulder and carried off down the hallway. "Avi I'm serious!"
     "Okay it's hurts a little, ah fuck."
     "See I freaking told you," she laughs as she's slowly put down. "Guess you can't 'calm' me down then," she uses bunny ears on the word calm.
     Avi stands up straight with a grimace, "Yeah I can, you're just on top," and then he hobbles into the bedroom.
     Kirstie laughs, "You're an idiot," but she follows him into the room anyway.

A/N: Well that went a different way than I expected XD I guess you just gotta let the characters do what they wanna do...

Anyways I hope you liked it.

Hannah :)