"Daddy, why are ya dressed fancy?"

A/N: I haven't updated this in a while, so I looked in my notebook and found a chapter of it that I hadn't posted yet, so here you go :)

Chapter 16:

"Can we go swimming?" Marcia asks, because for some reason she is dressed in her swimsuit and goggles.
     "Where are we going to go swimming?" Avi asks as he adjusts his tie, it's January 25th, but Marcia doesn't understand the significance of this day, so she's in her swimsuit.
     "The beach."
     "Sweetheart it's winter, you don't go to the beach in winter," he chuckles.
     "Daddy, why are ya dressed fancy?"
     "Because me and mommy are going to court," he answers with a sigh.
     "To play basketball?" She asks excitedly, "Can I come?"
     "Well yes, you have to come, but it's not a basketball court. It's a different kind of court entirely," he explains. "It's a court where very important decisions are made by a very important person."
     "But why?"
     "Just go get dressed Martian, I'll explain some more later," he ushers her from the room; following her to make sure she goes into her room. "Dress nice darling," he smiles.
      "No, no, I picked out a dress for you," Kirstie step up beside Avi in the doorway, wrapping one arm around his waist.
     "Oh I like the dress," Marcia grins, picking it up off her bed.
     "You're gonna look gorgeous," Avi tells her with a warm smile.
     "Thank you!" She beams then starts to get changed so Avi and Kirstie let her be and walk out into the lounge. Aurelia, Bella and Giselle were already at Avi's parent's house, they'd left them there overnight at Shelly's suggestion so that there were no distractions in the morning. There is one though, but Kirstie could just be paranoid.
     Avi goes into the kitchen and Kirstie sits on the couch to put her shoes on, and beside her the hatchimal starts yammering away.
     "God I hate that you sense us," Kirstie complains as she straps her heels on.
     The hatchimal continues to chirp away and Kirstie's eyes widen, she quickly sits up and looks at the offending Burtle. "You sound like..." she trails off, picking it up and storming into the kitchen one heel on, one heel off. She holds the toy up to Avi. "This thing sounds like it's making sex noises."
     The hatchimal makes its normal chirpy noises.
     Avi just looks at his wife, "If you think those are sex noises then I'd like to know who you're having sex with," he jokes.
     "I'm not saying it sounds like you, just like... you know."
     Avi shakes his head, "I think you're just hearing things hon, it sounds like a bird," he shrugs.
Kirstie looks down at the toy, "Ugh, maybe, I've been doing this a lot haven't I?" She sighs.
Avi nods, "Well you're stressed, I am too, this is a shitty-stressful situation that really sucks," he says making her smile a little, which of course brings joy to the corners of his lips. He leans in to give her a quick peck on the lips.
     She reaches up to wipe the lipstick off him then pulls him in for a tight hug. She doesn't want to let go, not even when Marcia walks into the room.
     "Where's your other shoe mommy?" Marcia and pulls on the hem of her mom's dress. And why you got my hatchimal?!" She asks, now horrified.
     Kirstie drops the hatchimal into Marcia's now outstretched hands.
     "Can I take him with me?" Marcia asks, cuddling the toy right up to her face.
     "No!" Kirstie and Avi both say very quickly then exchange glances.
     "Go put him away," Kirstie tells her oldest daughter. Then she turns to Avi and Marcia leaves. "Why was your no so quick if it doesn't sound like sex noises?"
     "Well if you hear them what if someone else does too, like the judge?"
     Kirstie's eyebrow shoots up, "You heard it didn't you?"
     With a sigh Avi looks up at the ceiling, "Yep."
     Kirstie laughs, "Why do we both have such dirty minds?"
     Avi chuckles with her, "I think you just corrupted me," he jokes.
     She shoves him, "Dumbass."

...

"That's a lot of steps daddy, I don't want to walk up them," Marcia pouts, tugging on Avi's hand. "Why are there so many steps? How would Grandma get up there?" She points and continues asking questions and making statements about the big set of concrete steps on the way up to the courthouse. Kirstie and Avi were a little to pre-occupied to answer all her question, they are looking for Rosalie and hoping not to spot Jeremy.
     The statuesque blonde appears not a moment later with a take-away tray of coffee. "Are we set?" Rosalie takes no time handing basic vanilla lattes to Kirstie and Avi and a small hot-chocolate to Marcia. "Up we go," she gives a quick smile to the family and starts on the steps.
     "Momma can you take Daddy's drink so he can carry me?" She asks so sweetly that Kirstie couldn't say no.
     Rosalie is so far ahead of them when Avi picks Marcia up he can comfortably say to Kirstie, "You'll end up drinking it anyway," with a chuckle because he doesn't drink coffee.
     "How the heck does she do this so quickly?" Kirstie complains before they catch up to Rosalie in the middle, so she'd decided to wait for them.
      "So Marcia has to be present, but she doesn't have to be in the room, " the tall blonde speaks, not showing any signs of being out of breath, not even as they continue walking. "I take it that's what you're looking for?"
     Kirstie nods, "She only needs to know what she has to know," the mother of four speaks fiercely, turning to Marcia, who without a care in the world is playing with the tail of Avi's man-bun.
     Kirstie wants to cry.

A/N: The hatchimal bit is a true story, we had a customer say that to us at work, we tried real hard not to laugh XD

Hannah.

PS. I had outfits for this chapter but since Polyvore is no longer a thing I can't post them, cue tears DX

But Avi's wearing a suit, Marcia's wearing a cute dress that looks neat, Rosalie looks like your typical lawyer and Kirstie's wearing this dress...

I literally had that dress clipped to polyvore, cue more tears DX