"Thank You Rosa-leeee!"

Kirstie and Avi walk out of the courthouse with smiles stuck in place and Marcia between them. Rosalie walks along beside them as they descend the mountain of steps.
     Avi turns to look at their brilliant lawyer, "Let us buy you dinner, you can bring your husband, and we should invite Alice too, I mean she recommended you, and we can't thank you enough."
     "Why you thanking her?" Marcia asks, squeezing Avi's hand.
     "Because she did something amazing for us, she fixed a problem that we couldn't have ourselves," he explains.
      "Oh, okay, thank you Rosa-leeee!" The blissfully unaware child smiles.
     Rosalie smiles at Marcia, "As cliché as it is, your smiles are enough, the buzz of winning a case is the best reward." Not to mention the amount she gets paid is a pretty big thank you in itself, whether she'd won or lost them the case.
     "Well we have to do something," Kirstie says.
     "What if we have a backyard barbeque, invite a couple of other friends and you can come along too?" Avi suggests.
     "Yes," Kirstie agrees, "And you can even bring Madame, I bet her and Olaf would get along."
     "That actually sounds pretty good, should I bring a salad or something?" Rosalie asks.
     "If you do that you're uninvited," Avi's face is serious.
     Kirstie hits his arm, "Avi," she scolds.
     "Daddy hates salad," Marcia explains, "We the same like that."
     Avi smiles down at her, it's always been funny to him the little things like that that they have in common, it's nothing to do with genetics but it really makes him feel like she's his.
     "Well salad is good for you, so I'll bring one anyways," Rosalie laughs.
     "Yes please," Kirstie nods. "So it's settled then, you and your husband, Madame and Alice and her husband, what are their names again?"
     "Mine's Emmett and hers is Jasper, who is also my brother," she reminds them.
     "We'll invite Esther and Kev and Josh and Zoe and the kids it'll be a good time," Kirstie smiles.
     "Sounds like fun," Rosalie replies.

...

Kirstie and Avi pull into the driveway of his parents Ranch and drive down the long path, their tyres stirring up a bit of dust.
     "Oh we go see Grandma, Grandpa!" Marcia beams. "This is the best day!"
     Kirstie and Avi have to smile, it started off as a crappy day, but now it really is one of the best.
     "You know Avi, there's a problem about having a backyard barbeque," Kirstie says.
     "There's never a problem with a backyard barbeque," he scoffs.
      "There is when we don't even have a backyard," she speaks matter of factly.
     "Yeah dad we don't," Marcia copies her mom's tone.
     "Maybe it's about time we look into that?" Avi shrugs.
     "What do you mean?" Kirstie asks as they pull to a stop.
     "I mean we live in a three bedroom apartment with four children and Olaf. I'm thinking since we've had one big win let's aim for another, let's sell the apartment and buy a house."
     "With five bedrooms and a backyard?" Kirstie's says.
     "And the kitchen separate from the lounge, a big kitchen," Avi smiles.
     "And a dining room... Our own bathroom!" Kirstie's getting excited.
     "We could actually finally have the biggest room," Avi nods.
     "Yes because all the girls will have their own rooms, yes!"
     "What's happening?" Marcia asks.
    "We're gonna buy a house!" Kirstie and Avi speak at the same time, huge grins in place.
     "Oh, is that all, cause we already gots one," Marcia speaks boredly.
     "Well the one we have isn't really big enough, especially since your sisters are getting bigger and bigger every day, so their clothes get bigger and everything takes up more space, and they're going to want just as many toys as you have," Kirstie lists off.
     "Jeez, okay, we can get a new house," Marcia replies. "Are we gonna get it today?"
     "No sweetie, these things take time," Avi explains before he finally gets out of the car.
     "Will we have it in time for the barbeque?" Marcia asks as she gets out of her car-seat, and finally her Dad opens the door because she can't do it herself cause Mom said something about a child-lock, whatever that is.
     "No we won't, it'll take a bit longer than that," Kirstie tells her.
     "Why?"
     "Because it does," Avi says, taking her hand as they walk up to his parent's front door.
     "That's not an answer," Marcia prods.
     "Yes it is," Avi answers quickly.
     "Not a good one," Marcia quips.
     "This is six going on sixteen," Kirstie jokes and Avi has to laugh, Marcia doesn't get it.

A/N: Not gonna lie, totally picturing my sims house XD And as soon as I actually have a good picture of it's exterior then I'll share it :D

How do you think the barbeque is gonna go?

Hannah