"Daddy Olaf Ate The Toothpaste"

A/N: As luck would have it I have two pictures for this chapter XD

The children up the top and Avi and Kirstie just above, I hope you like them :)

Christmas Midday:

"We're going to have to make several trips from the car," Kirstie says as her and Avi are packing everything into the boot of their particularly large four-wheel-drive. The exact kind of car you need with four children, three of which were already belted in, one of which is screaming her head off, Bella.
     "Well we're already running late so I'm sure everyone will be there to help."
     Kirstie stands up straight, "Are you saying it's my fault we're running late?" Her hands go to her hips, her eyebrow shoots up and Avi's stomach drops.
     He starts shaking his head before he finds any words, "Not what I was saying Kirstie. Everyone's to blame, and right now I was more thinking Marcia because she's the only one not out here," he gestures around the garage.
      Kirstie drops her arms and her eyebrow, but she doesn't say a word as they pack the car in silence.
     "I'm going to find Marcia," Avi says to Kirstie as she checks on the triplets.
     "Fine."
     Avi walks back into the house, "Marcia, everyone's waiting on you!"
     "Daddy Olaf ate the toothpaste!" She calls back.
     "What?" Avi yells, then rushes through the bathroom. There is toothpaste all over the sink and the tube is decimated. He picks it up to find not a single tooth mark. "Marcia, Olaf didn't do this," he says angrily, she bolts from the room. "Marcia!" He shouts after her. Why is she doing this? With Kirstie's lipstick the other day and now the toothpaste, Avi knows what he has to do. He puts the scrunched tube down and storms out of the room after her, "Marcia Alice Kaplan!" He bellows.
     Kirstie comes rushing into the room, the heels of her boot announcing her entrance, "What's wrong?" she asks Avi.
     "Marcia has emptied the contents of the toothpaste tube into the sink."
     Kirstie's jaw drops, "You're kidding."
     "No I'm not, that's why she's losing the hatchimal. I don't care if she only got it today, I don't care if it's Christmas. We need to get to Mom and Dad's so she doesn't have time to sit in the corner."
     Kirstie nods in agreement, "That's fair, she can get it back at the end of the week. She can't keep doing things like this and not have consequences. And to be honest I think she should get 10 minutes when we get there too."
     "You reckon that's not too much?" Avi asks.
     She shakes her head, "Nope, so do you want to take the Hatchimal off her or should I?"
     "No, she gets mean-mommy enough. I'll do it, but you get to tell her about the corner."
     "She'll hate us both."
     "I think it's gonna be me a little more with this one," he sighs.
     Kirstie takes his hand, "It won't be forever, she'll forget by the time we get home, I bet. Just don't be soft yeah? If she can see weakness she'll play on it. And ignore the cute faces."
     Avi nods slowly as Kirstie squeezes his hand before he goes looking for Marcia.
He spots the yet to hatch egg on the couch and knew Marcia would be behind it. But all he really needs is the egg, he waltz's over and picks it up.
     "Badly behaved girls get their hatchimal taken away until they can behave better." He holds the toy behind his back as Marcia springs up from behind the couch.
     "You can't do that!" she panics as she scans the sofa for her toy. "Where is it?" She asks angrily.
     "It's going away," Avi tells her as he walks to Kirstie, handing it off to her.
     "NO!" Marcia screams, running after him.
     Kirstie walks off with the egg and he turns to stop their oldest child so that the toy could be hidden.
     She tries to push past him and when he crouches to be at her eye level she pulls his hair.
     "Hey, no!" he snaps. "You don't do that, you wouldn't like it if I pulled your hair would you?"
     She doesn't respond with anything more than a scowl.
     "You can scowl all you want, but it's not going to change anything."
     "I hate you."
     Avi's stomach drops, not moments ago he and Kirstie were joking about her hating them. But joking about it then actually hearing it are two very different things.
     "No you don't hate him, he's your dad," Kirstie chastises as she enters. "Let's go, we're late."
     "I wish he wasn't."
     "What?" Kirstie asks, getting frustrated.
     "I wish he wasn't my dad," she glares.
     Avi stands up, turning away from the situation.
     "Don't you dare say anything like that!" Kirstie hisses, tears threatening. "Get in the car right now Marcia."
     Marcia stomps out into the garage.
     She doesn't mean it," Kirstie tells Avi, turning him to face her by grabbing his jaw tightly. "Avi she loves you and you know it."
     "That doesn't actually make me her dad though. I wonder how happy she'd be right now if we went and told her she'd gotten her wish, surprise! I've never been you dad Marcia."
     "You are her dad. Jeremy might be her father biologically, but have you ever heard the saying 'anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad'? Avi you raised her with me, that to me make you her dad."
     "We're still going to have to tell her one day Kirstie," he sighs.
     She nods, "Yeah one day, but today's not that day. Today we're going over to your parents' house to hang with your family and have a damn good time okay?" She smiles as brightly as she can manage at him before giving a quick meaningful peck on the lips. "Come on, I can't drive in these shoes," she tells him as she pulls him along.

A/N: Finally that other Christmas chapter XD

Brace yourselves cause there's one more :o

Hannah