"My Tuf Isa Muvint"

A/N: Second to last chapter guys, how does that make you feel, I'm excited because I know what's to come ;)

Chapter 23:

In the time it takes Kirstie and Avi to find their perfect house, Jeremy's been sentenced to two years in Prison. He took a deal for pleading guilty, and Marcia came back unharmed and he was the one to bring her back, so it was settled easily. The shining light in the situation for Kirstie and Avi is that once Jeremy gets out of Prison he isn't allowed to try and make contact with her until she's eighteen. They also choose not to ask her about what he told her, if she doesn't bring it up then it doesn't have to be addressed.
     The new house is going to be perfect, it's big but it's not too big and it's got everything Kirstie and Avi wanted in the house, mainly that each of the girls get their own room. There's a backyard and a big kitchen that's separate from the lounge, in fact there's technically two lounges. There's a dining room, and Kirstie and Avi get their own bathroom, then there's two bathrooms upstairs, that's two people per bathroom, not to mention the half bathroom down stairs. Avi and Kirstie also finally have the biggest room and they are thrilled over all with everything. Things finally seem to be falling into place for the Kaplan family.
     The sale of the apartment and the purchase of the house all go through pretty quickly and Kirstie's still sick. Avi finally manages to convince her to go to the doctor; they want her better before moving day.
     "You'll be fine by yourself right?" Kirstie asks before she leaves.
     "You're asking like I've never been with all four of them by myself," Avi chuckles.
     "I actually don't know if you have, Olaf too remember, he's been a bit jumpy lately," she glances over at the family pet.
     "It's probably because he senses that there's something wrong with you," he jokes.
     "Nothing's wrong with me," she shakes her head.
     Avi gives her an 'are you kidding me' look. "There is something wrong, that's why you're going to the doctor, you could be deficient in something, or developing a new allergy-"
     "Or pregnant."
     Avi goes quiet, "No."
     "Signs point to yes, so that means there's nothing wrong with me, just a totally unplanned baby that we're in no way ready for."
     "So it's morning sickness?"
     Kirstie nods, "I think so, well you know that and the lack of period, but that's been messed up since the triplets, so," she shrugs.
     "Soooo, five kids?"
     "Like I said, I think so, I mean I've only been sick like this twice before in my life," she holds up one finger, "Marcia," she puts a second finger out, "The triplets. This is how I felt both times Avi, if I'm not pregnant then I must be dying," she jokes.
     "Five kids?" He's stuck on that.
     Kirstie laughs, "Who knows, might be twins, we're good at making multiples," she smirks.
     "Better not be," his eyes go wide. "Can it just be one, and can it be a boy? I want a boy, not saying I don't love my daughters, but a boy would be real nice. I mean who else but my own son could carry on my bass legacy?"
     Kirstie scoffs, "If it's a boy I hope he takes after me vocally, hitting those high notes."
     "What if he can't sing, you know I think we're getting ahead of ourselves, we don't even know whether any of the ones that we already have can even sing," he laughs.
     Kirstie laughs too, "And to think, you said three kids max!"
     Avi sighs, "Yeah well... that though came to a head the second we heard the word triplets."
     Kirstie nods, "Also Avi, I've been thinking about it for a while, like pretty much as long as I've been back at work, but I would really like to be a stay-at-home-mom. I think we can afford it, I mean your wage is pretty decent and we still have music royalties. I just, I spend all my time at the centre looking after my kids and then feel bad about not looking after the other kids there enough you know, like I'm actually paid to do. If I was to stay at home then that would take any guilt out of the equation. What do you think?"
     "No that actually sounds really good, especially if we've got another one coming. I just wouldn't take parental leave this time like I did with the triplets cause we'll need the money with the new mortgage and everything," he nods.
     "But you get paid on paternity leave," she frowns.
     "Yeah but not as much as if I were working," he shrugs.
     "I get the same amount on maternity leave as my wage."
     "Well I reckon they encourage dads to go back to work because it is still semi-frowned upon for dad's to have that time off. The guys at work thought it was hilarious that I took it, but there was no way that I was going to leave you home alone with four kids... God I'd feel bad doing it this time," Avi runs a hand down his face.
     "We could always make some more music in these nine months, use that to boost up the paternal leave pay per say. It'll be more than enough, the fans will love it and then you get to be with us for longer," she gives him a warm smile, gently squeezing his arm.
     "Yeah but we don't have the time for that, the only reason we got the last album out was because we had over half of it done before you quit," Avi sighs.
     "Okay, while that is true, we just give Scott and Mitch the majority of the responsibility since they don't have kids. I know you and Kev are usually the main arrangers on covers but we just give it to them, they're not out of practice like us either, having done all their Superfruit stuff recently," she smiles.
     "Okay, I think I'm convinced," Avi nods slowly.
     "And it'll be fun," she adds. "And I need to get going, if I'm running late you can guarantee that it'll be the one day that the doctor isn't," she giggles and leans in to give Avi a quick peck on the lips.
     "See ya," he smiles.
     "Bye," she stands up and walks past the triplets in their playpen. She doesn't make a thing of saying bye to them because if she makes a fuss they'll make a fuss, and she can't leave Avi to deal with three times the fuss on his own.
     The second the door shuts behind Kirstie Marcia comes tearing down the hallway bawling her eyes out. "Dawww-deeee!" She cries.
     Avi is up off his seat taking a couple of steps towards the noise before he sees her, "What's wrong Martian?" He crouches in front of her.
     Her fingers are in her mouths as she talks, "My tuf isa muvint," she cries.
     "Can you take your hands out of your mouth Sweetie I can understand you," he goes to move her hand but she spins away from him.
     "Uf a etit oh it unna full ut!" She screams.
     Avi frowns, trying to decipher her words, "Sweetie, I don't understand."
     This makes Marcia cry more, a fresh wave of tears rolling down her red face.
     "Did you bite your tongue? Or your cheek?" He asks, he has to get to the bottom of this.
     Hand still in her mouth she manages to shake her head.
     "No? Okay... um... Did you swallow something you shouldn't have?" He raises an eyebrow.
     She shakes her head.
     "Did you chip a tooth?"
     "No! Movint!"
     "Your tooth is moving?"
     "Yah!" She cries.
     "Oh-h-ho, sweetie," he chuckles, pulling Marcia into a half hug against his side. "That's totally normal, it happens to everybody your age. Your baby teeth get wiggly and fall out to make room for your big girl teeth. Now can you move your hand and point to the one that's wiggly for me Martian?"
     She shakes her head again, "I dun wan ig gul teef."
     Avi feigns shock, "Uh, yeah you do. Unless of course you don't want the Tooth Fairy to visit?"
     Marcia's jaw drops and her hand comes out of her mouth, "The who?"
     "The Tooth Fairy," Avi repeats with a smile, he and Kirstie had never discussed whether or not they'd use the Tooth Fairy, but he had to assume they would. They use Santa and the Easter Bunny, so he's pretty sure Kirstie would want the Tooth Fairy too, she'll probably want to dress up and all.
     "What! What does she do?" Marcia asks, bouncing a little in her spot.
     "She collects the teeth that fall out of your mouth, and she even pays you for them, she leaves a dollar under the pillow while you're asleep."
     "How do's she get under ma pillow while I'm a seeping?"
     "Magic, she is a fairy after all."
     "Oh ma gosh! My teeth need to come now!" Her hand shoots up to her mouth and she starts pulling on her front tooth, "Ow!"
     "No-no!" He grabs her hand, "You don't want to pull it out yet, wait till it's more wiggly."
     "How much longer?" She groans.
     "Open wide," Avi tells her, and she obliges so he takes her tiny tooth between his thumb and forefinger and moves it just slightly, "Maybe a week," he estimates, he just knows it's definitely not ready yet.
     "That's so long!" Marcia complain.
     "It's not really," he chuckles.
     "Oh ma gosh! What if it falls out while I'm sleeping and it falls down ma tha-roat?" She clutches at her neck.
     "It won't," Avi tells her as he stands up.
     "How do you know that?"
     "Because this is just something a dad knows," he shrugs. "But keep wiggling it, if you're lucky it'll make it come out faster, but it won't fall down your throat," he adds on quickly, of course he didn't know it for sure, but it had never happened to him or his siblings as far as he knew.
     "Does everyone have their own Tooth Fairy or is there just one?" Marcia follows him into the kitchen.
     "I think there's more than one, but not enough for everyone to have their own," he replies.
     "What's her name?" Marcia bounces along.
     "Uhh, I don't know, we haven't met her yet."
     "Do I get to meet her when my tooth comes out?"
     "No, only parents get to meet her so that we can let her into the house."
     "It makes sense but it's not fair Daddy!" She pouts. "How will I know what she look like?"
     "I-I don't know Martian, you could always write her a letter and ask her these questions," Avi responds.
     "How do we send it to her?"
     Avi sighs, he's running out of answers, "Uh, you don't, she picks it up when she picks up your tooth."
     "And how does she get the letter back to me?"
     "Well she knows where you live, so she might post it to you," he needed Kirstie right now, they usually tag team these question sessions.
     "What's post?" Marcia frowns.
     Avi stares at her blankly, how have they never explained the post to her?

A/N: Do you think Kirstie's pregnant? And do you think Avi gave Marcia good answers about the Tooth Fairy?

Hope you like the chapter :)

Hannah.